1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 A Multistrada Alternative.

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Mobile Chicane, Mar 11, 2017.

1. Im now on my second 1200 Multi and even though I've had a couple of issues there just dosent seem to be anything else out there that fits the bill in terms of power, looks and lets face it toys.

The only bike that seems close is the BMW S1000XR but if the WWW is to be believed they also have some issues and the looks and lack of an LED lighting option is an issue for me.

2. I have a 1200 Multi and have test ridden the BMW S1000XR, both are very good bikes but completely different in character.
    The BMW is much more frantic than the Multi, probably due to the IL4 motor, but it is a very sharp handling bike with fantastic brakes. Overall, for me, the Multi is the clear winner and finding an alternative would be very difficult.

3. Yep I may need to give the 2017 BMW a test soon

4. The other bike that always catches my eye is the BMW R1200RT, more of a tourer compared to the Multi but still very nice.

5. All bikes/manufacturers have issues. It's how those issues are dealt with that can make the difference.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. The Africa Twin isn't an alternative the Multistrada would chew it up and spit it out
    The areas the AT is better is it's cheaper to buy and servicing cheaper

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. The KTM seems a good alternative

8. Yeah, but their ugly :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Multi's hardly a looker.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Non of the adventure type are particularly stylish

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. Was looking to buy a Multi, test rode a 1200s, but also test rode the MV Agusta Turismo Veloce out of curiosity. The fact that the dealer just threw me the keys at 10am and said bring it back by tea time helped (distinct difference to Riders of Bristol), but after the first three miles I was hooked. For my use and needs the MV scratches the itch in a more satisfying manner, looks better (subjective) and is certainly more exclusive if that counts. Granted it is down on cc and power, is maybe a touch more flighty handing-wise but I love it.

Toured in the Picos last summer. Normandy/Brittany, Aragon region of Spain and Route des Grand Alps are all lined up for this year.

I would have considered the Multi further had I needed a bike for two-up touring.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Bit like comparing Nicola Sturgeon with Susan Boyle: everything is relative :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Oh contraire :rolleyes:

At least Susan Boyle can sing :)

14. But wich one would you ride if it had a helmet on?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  15. Ummmm! Bit of a dilemma there I'm afraid ?

16. I was looking at the new gs Rallye and I think it's a decent alternative, so much so that I am test riding one in a couple of weeks. Likely the only downside will be power but it's a good deal lighter than the adventure so maybe sportier than you imagine.

17. I was at the show the other day, and sat on a lot of bikes, and Ironically the one that felt best for me was a Multi, I have rode the KTM GT lovely bike, over priced, but for me too tall :(
    I came to the Conclusion for the present the Multi is the best all rounder.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder... I love the look of mine!

• Like Like x 1
  19. I think the DVT is the nicest. Original multi is laughable and I was never that keen on the beak on the 2010-2015 models I had.

The ride made up for it though, when it worked [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. I would not call it the ugliest bike around at all tbh, think it is quite good looking for a tourer / naked, as long as you remove the screen

Do Not Sell My Personal Information