1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Shame Seeing Another Collection Being Sold Off..

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Noods, Dec 31, 2016.

1. I don't know what I'm going to do when I get "to old" to ride my sports bikes the way they should be rode! I've already picked a Suzuki gt 550 triple as my "old mans bike" it's got character, electric and kick start and I've loads of spares, its light and I think I'll be able to ride it into a fairly old age, as for the 851 and rgv as much as I enjoy them the cramped feeling and pain they cause too old biking injurys cause me concern,also the riding position messes with my newly aquired specks,my Young fella is car mad and has no interest in bikes despite being fairly handy round the local mx track
    So I panic in case my wife sells my collection for what I paid for it(in her mind) I've made a few shrewd investments regards to my bike dealing a lot of it luck,but I bought my bikes to ride and enjoy,I'd hate to think they'd end up In A unused collection!
    By the way, "to old"is used but I don't know what to old is? I keep myself fit,eat well and go to the gym and cycle over 100 miles a week ( my bikes do less atm)
    SO what's too old for a sports bike? I've still got a 30 inch waist at 50 and can run 6k with ease and cycle 50 miles twice a week,

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. I'm 75 and still ride a 996R, SP4, 851 and an 851/996 whenever I can, [weather permitting].

• Like Like x 7
  3. What make of sidecar have you gone for?

• Like Like x 1
  4. It must be a Zimmer Zoomer silly :Facepalm::Finger:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Love it! Hopefully I'll be able to do the same(and enjoy it!) is there any older duke riders out there? Even older riders,my da rode until he was 81 and died of a non biking illness!

6. thats what i want to hear,, was just thinking about this this morning,,, but hey i also got a Harley for when i cannot get the leg over the 749 :grinning:

7. What's a biking illness? :Nailbiting:

8. rear of a focus, a brick wall, armco, big tree etc !!

• Like Like x 1
  9. A Lithuanian lorry driver who has been on go for 27 hours bangin off his head on billy whizz while scrolling fuck a slut milf tonight on his iPhone 4

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Get the right hand strengthened up for the "brakes" or have they got that sorted now? The first and last one I rode 2014 model I couldn't believe it was legal to make something that bad, I nearly binned my non biking mates mid life crisis!

11. maybe depends on which one you are refering to, mine is a 1200 sportster and lack of speed is not a thing i would complain of, nor the braking , even two up i can only remember one instance when they were lacking and that was more my fault than the bikes.

12. Wonder why he is selling them off. Can think of a number of reasons but hopefully they will all end up in appreciative hands.

13. I'm sure you owe me a coffee or something, must come around for payback.

14. It was a 1200 sportster and I'm not slagging of that ,or your bike I just remember going for the brakes and getting that feeling"OH FUCK" which I haven't felt in years(and I've got a 1976 gt550) I suppose you've just got to recalibrate your riding style,but I've rode all kinds/styles of bike and as my first intro to Harley I wasn't impressed,BUT I was impressed how quick it revved up! I expected a lazy motor but was pleasantly suprised(that could explain the braking emm! Problem! ME?)

15. Good on you! I'm not (quite...) 69 and ride an 1198S and a SP3, when there's no salt on the roads.

#36 AndrewS, Jan 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Its back on and still expecting his original reserve of £16k ! you think he'd at least straighten that mirror.....

Ducati 888SP5 | eBay

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information