1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Warm Hello From India!

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Gaurav Kachru, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Hi there!

I'm Gaurav Kachru, new to the Ducati family but been riding large capacity motorcycles for a while. For the past 5 years, I've spent a lot of time touring on my Harleys & founded a motorcycle club in North India. Spent years upgrading bits on the Harleys & then decided to upgrade the bike altogether!

Look forward to learning & sharing with the forum.

Gaurav

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hi

3. welcome, please join the map linked below

4. Welcome :upyeah:

5. Welcome~

6. Hello what bike do you have now? I have happy memories of a trip in India on an Enfield.

Regards Steve

7. Hello and welcome to the forum

8. Hello and welcome!

Might be going to Noida for a week for a business trip soon. I won't be courageous enough to rent a bike in the town centre though :)

9. I see your gorgeous Iron 883. Love the whitewall tires on it.

10. Done! Entry added for Gurgaon, India.

11. On a Ducati Multistrada now, Steve. I had started out on an Enfield two decades ago & still have very fond memories of it. If you come to India again, must try the Enfield Himalyan. Excellent little bike for rough roads.

12. MatiasH, Eagle Rider rents Harleys in the NCR but no Ducati rentals that I'm aware of yet. Unless you can deal with truly chaotic traffic, I would not advise riding on a weekday. Maybe on a Sunday to ride to Agra or Jaipur. The weather is nice & the traffic tolerable.

Let me know if you need any assistance.

13. Thank you all for your warm welcome!

14. Welcome Dave

• Like Like x 1
  15. Gurgaon just thinking about my trip in India. Broke the kick start spring and then stalled it on the ramp of a ferry. Got some roadside workers to help me get it off and push start it for me. Rode down the road and realised that I had not given them anything so went back and then stalled it again. 42 degrees centigrade that day so push starting bikes not a good ocupation.

Regards Steve

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. That's what makes memories, Steve! Can't imagine my life without such experiences. There was a time when I had the 350kg 1700cc Fattie being pushed down the highway by a 80kg 100cc bike. People laughed their head off seeing that picture. Me in all my gear on the fattie being pushed along an expressway by a man in slippers on a Hero Honda 100cc econo-bike. ;)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information