1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Acf 50

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by Twin4me, Mar 6, 2016.

1. I've just got my new bike and I'm thinking of giving it the ACF 50 treatment.
    Any horror stories?
    Can you just wash the bike like normal after you use it, or should you do this at the beginning of Winter (when I don't ride)

Aerosol or the cans?

2. Will stop corrosion all year. Spray it once, wash as normal then recoat every 6 months upto a year. Lots of mobile services offer it if you don't do it yourself. Avoid spraying brakes/grips/pegs.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I use it after each wash. It's what, about £15 a can, but you don't need much. As said, don't let it near the discs.
    Larger non aerosol bottles, just apply with a brush. I've tried various pumps and nothing worked. Someone might be able to recommend a pump that works.

4. Yep use after each wash, don't go with the spray. Get the bottle stuff & warm it up before spraying it on. Be lavish'

Bottle = Würth 1ltr pump bottle (red or black)

5. I used to use it on my RSV. Sprayed it onto the exhaust manifold when still warm and the resulting mist spreads it everywhere under the exhaust in all the hard to get to areas.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. If you have a compressor then buy the cheapest spray gun you find on ebay with all the adjusters, i paid £12, works a treat and makes a really fine mist. I don't even clean it out after as its full of anti corrosive and will only be used for that.

ACF has other uses too, its a pretty good lubricant for stuck bolts and makes a decent back to black for plastics.

7. Had mine done by All year biker or something like that, cost £60,then just top up after every clean,so far so good .

8. me too, so impressed with it

i didnt clean my 899 for 4 months though, commuted every day on it, through every weather

cleaned it for the first time a few weeks ago an it came up showroom fresh

cant recommend it enough

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thanks everyone...

10. Thread moved

11. Compressor is the way to go of you have one. A litre bottle of the stuff has lasted me a couple of years and still plenty left doing both my bikes. Not to mention that a compressor can be used with all manner of tools
    Possibly the best tool you can get for a garage IMO.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Annoyingly I had one in my old office that I used to use to clean 35mm slides, we've just moved offices and I left it in the street!

I kept thinking 'I should keep this' but there's no room to store any more crap at home...

13. If you're going to get a compressor its worth getting a belt driven one 100 litre or above that will operate at 8-10 bar. That will allow the use of all air tools including impact wrenches and have enough capacity for paint spraying.
    I guarantee that if you skimp and buy a cheap low capacity compressor thinking you'll only be inflating tyres and cleaning things it won't turn out like that. You'll find yourself wanting to do more and more jobs with it that it doesn't have the capacity or the pressure to support and you'll wish you hadn't been so tight and bought something bigger.

#13 Gimlet, Mar 9, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2016
  14. I use the stuff regularly on all the bikes especially the dirt bike every time I use it but also the road bikes. I spray it liberally everywhere except the brakes and fairings.

15. I just sprayed it on from an aerosol can with no problems

Good stuff too saved my monster while she stood undercover

16. If you spray from the can then sit the can in a bucket of hot water first, it sprays much better.

Also, i agree with Gimlet on the compressor, i could do with a bigger one but i weigh that against the price of a decent big one versus the £20 i spent on ebay for mine and a 70 mile round trip to collect it... When it dies i will get a real one.

17. I got a cheap compressor with some attachments. One was a paint gun. Works a treat with the acf50, gets it into a really fine mist. I give it a quick spray after every wash. Hardly use any using the spay gun

18. great stuff, I use it 3 times a year with great results, cant rate the stuff enough,

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. Where can you buy it from? Is it an Internet purchase only? Halfords haven't heard of it!

20. best online - Amazon/Ebay. Best value is to buy in a bottle and paint on with a brush but I understand how an aerosol is quick and easy. The pump-up spray unit that comes with the bottle stops working after a dozen goes or if left standing with fluid in.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information