1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Aftermarket Parts / Accessories

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Jordan, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Still got another month to wait for my bike to arrive but already searching for things to change / improve.

Still early days and Ducati seem to have monopoly on customising our DVT's so far but theres got to be more out there!

Thinking along the lines of exhausts, tail tidies, carbon ect.

Would be great if everyone could post their findings in here for us all to benefit from.

Let the google searches begin...

• Useful Useful x 2
  2. Still waiting for most suppliers to catch up on design for this model. Seems not much will fit the 15 that fitted the models before. Need a bit more time I think. Sure there are a few mods out there though. I've looked at a couple of options that on the outset say they fit but when you get into the real detail say to 2014. Caution is advised.

3. Certainly seems that way, hopefully mid summer there will be too many unnecessary - yet oh so important titanium, carbon and unobtainium parts ready to buy!

Noticed in another thead the navihalter gps mount has been redesigned for the DVT:
    Navihalter Motorrad Multistrada 1200, Mod. 2015 - Artikeldetailansicht - Online-Shop

4. I ordered a Navihalter for my 2015 bike, arrived in a few days - just waiting to pick up the bike to see how it fits. There is a note on the website about making the screen height adjustment a bit more difficult.

I'm waiting for the Evotech radiator, oil cooler and head guards to become available for the 2015 model - hopefully not too long now.

I'll be transferring the Scottoiler eSystem from my 2013 model however having had a look under the seat of the I'm not sure where the reservoir tube is going to fit. Hopefully I can also reuse the dual injector and special mounting bracket (@vau - thanks for making this available) - see related thread.

I've also got a Tyre / Track TPMS (Tyre Pressure Monitoring System) waiting to be installed. I used this my 2010 and 2013 Multistradas - both with the internal sensors, which I fitted on the first tyre change. The internal sensors provide a reasonably accurate tyre temperature (or at least internal gas temperature which is useful. I prefer the internal sensor as I don't like the type which screws onto the value core. Some members are using the optional TPMS sensors for the Garmin Zumo 590.

Also sitting on my work bench is a fender extender for the front mudguard. I'm hoping that fitting this will be straightforward as the front mudguard is about the only thing that doesn't appear to have changed. Still waiting for the spare parts catalog to be available online.

That's about it for 3rd party accessories, but I ordered a factory fitted Toruing Pack, an Urban Pack, the LED Auxiliary lights, Hands Free filler cap (when available?) and pannier liners. I'll be using the top box liner I already have. I also ordered the larger "touring " tank bag which I've used on my 2013 bike - similar size to the SW-Motech Qucik-Lock Evo Trail and the FAMSA E-Max tank Bag, both of which I've used before. Obviously I've not yet tried it on my 2015 bike but will check out the bar movement on full lock which may be a problem - as pointed out by @Pete1950 in this thread.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Did anyone has experience with the middle stand ? Is it still hitting your feet ? Or the problem sorted for Dvt ?

6. When I picked my bike up there was a ducati booklet with a load of additional accessories

7. On my 2 test rides the centre stand was still noticeable but not but a big issue, seems like it's been redesigned slightly but not fixed 100%

8. After reading this thread, it looks like we've now got to add display protector to the must have list of accessories :-(

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. I've just ridden a few hundred miles this weekend on the 2015 Multi (not S). I'm 5ft 9, size 9 boot, seat in the lower position, and the only time I noticed my heel resting on the centrestand was when I had the ball of my foot on the footrest. Even then it wasn't obtrusive. Whether it's a problem for you will be a matter of the ergonomics when you are sat on the bike, and I guess your frame size, height, boot size, and indeed your tolerance for anything touching your heel. Therefore, not much point making a decision based on others, including mine, opinions. The only way you'll know is to get a demo, but as we know, that could be expensive :p

• Like Like x 1
  10. [​IMG][​IMG]
    I bought this Puig multiadjustable screen. Easy to adjust, remove and no holes on orginal screen. It takes a some time to find the best position.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Went to look at my bike today, some additions thinking about buying

20150618_125508.jpg

20150618_125527.jpg

20150618_125541.jpg

20150618_125807.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. The Evotech head/exhaust guard looks good - but their website still have anything 2015 Multistrada as "under development" or "not available".

I had the full guard set (rad,oil cooler & head) on my 2013 bike and want to fit a set on my 2015 bike ASAP - @Hippo - where was the bike?

13. The bike is in Italia moto Lincoln. They told me they lent the bike to evotech so they could develop the parts for the 2015 multi. By all accounts they took it again this week and I believe did a photo shoot with it so they should have the parts available very soon I would of thought

#14 Hoppo, Jun 19, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  14. I note the bike with the stock can made 135bhp according to their chart in that link. That's the same as the previous model. 25bhp loss through the drive train seems a lot ? Torque output is 83ft lb. Admittedly this is the first chart I have seen, though it does not seem to support the vast difference between the two models claimed in test rides. I wonder how much of it is placebo and different characteristics being construed as power hike.

#17 Psy69, Jun 21, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2015
  15. It seems to me that they could have just copied last year's dyno? Haven't compared them, but I would think that due to the DVT, apart from top HP, the curve should be completely different to last years model. Also, they say that a lot of bikes are producing their maximum output after 2-5k miles. This was the case when I tested my Panigale. This could be a factor too..

16. I want to order a Navihalter for 2015 MS, but tbh I am not getting on too well with the German web site, could not even find the UK country in the list, is there an English version of the site or an alternative to Navihalter to fit to 2015 MS

Do Not Sell My Personal Information