1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 Airbox Top Cover

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by uk_biker, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Tried to remove the air intake runners but two of the nuts were spinning,one on either side, after spending alot of time getting it apart is there away of repairing it or is a new top cover needed?
    The front screw that holds the cover was a pain to get out, is there a trick i dont know to make it easier ? does anyone put it back in ?

2. I have the same problem, saw this solution posted on youtube,
    looks a reasonable fix but I don't think the parts are available as standard item anywhere and you would need access to a lathe to get them made, let me know if you come up with anything.

3. Do helicoil work in plastic?

4. Or. If you have the issue above, remove the "nut" / threaded part, enlarge the hole about 2mm in diameter then stick it back in with Q-bond.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Tim i think that solution on youtube is the only way to go, if only i had lathe and knew how to use one. i had to drill out the spinning nuts.

6. ok this is what im going to try, getting a 10mm bolt and going to drill and tap the center. grind off most of the hex head to make a small shoulder. Tap the airbox to 10mm. hopefully it will work like the one in the video.

7. not a bad idea either

Do Not Sell My Personal Information