1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Almeria 26th January

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by aldaviz, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Anyone going along to this ?
    Also does anyone know what gearing zx10's run ??

2. no , but I know a man who does. Des at Autovaux in East Kilbride (Scottish Champion) who has been to Almeria

3. Des Burns
    Super I know few guys from knock but likes of who I know goto Spain run bm's
    Thanks

4. Don't know if it helps you or not but I run the extra couple rear teeth to the stock Panigale gearing at Almeria (the R has this gearing out of the box). I'm running quickest 1'49'' which is an ok-ish fast group speed but any slower than ~1'53'' and I started to run out of gears around the mid sections.

5. Focused Events have just announced that Kevin has been appointed as the new Director at Almeria. Andy

6. I didn't realise which Kevin it was until you mentioned it now. I guess this means no one other than Focused Events will be doing Almeria now?

7. Hopefully not being naive, I can't see that happening. FE don't have the logistics to take the business without a significant investment and I don't think there is the profit in it to make it viable. I could see costs for the competition increasing though. Andy

8. I ran 45/16 there last month on my 2014 ZX10R and was hitting the limiter in 6th around 250m before my braking marker (just past slip road on left)
    I'd go 1 down on the rear if I was setting for the track again

9. Looking for a rough idea
    looking for a rough idea, think Ive put
    thanks guys I have a rough idea, did manage 1'43 on my 1198s, only rode zx10 couple of times, I've packed a few sprockets but wondered if I was somewhere near, think the 16/42-43 should be about right

10. That's a cracking Almeria time, good work :)

11. Animal, that's fast. We've not been for nearly a year, need to get back there now you've said that :)

12. We'll be there in May with BBS Eurotracks and I've decided to take the 1098R :D. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  13. Yes will be good to get back again, was a little cold last year, also doing end of march

14. Might have to take a look at that. I'm still not decided on what the plan is with racing and stuff this year. Must admit I like lazing around in the sun :)

15. You can't beat the sound of the Duc, best heard when someone's riding correctly

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information