1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Almeria Tips Before I Go!!!

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Scott21, Feb 5, 2017.

1. So looking at going to Almeria for my first track day. Just looking to see what tips people could give me.

Tyre pressures?
    How many tyres sets?
    Suspension settings?
    What to take?
    Things to look out for?

Any help would be great

2. I know this will sound dumb but it happened to a bloke when we went. Don't forget your bike key !!!! Andy

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Interesting choice for your first track day...

My advice would be take it easy, stay modest and don't get ahead of yourself.

In terms of suspension I'd probably leave it alone if it's your first time - personally anyway.

You would think you wouldn't get through tyres as quickly as you likely won't be travelling at the pace to do so.

Just enjoy and be safe bud!

• Like Like x 2
  4. European socket adaptor for your tyre warmers. Extension cable with multi sockets. You can always order tyres from the TD organiser before you go, I can use 2 fronts and 3 rears in 4 days if the bike doesnt blow up.
    We were there 2 weeks ago and it snowed heavily then rained which is unusual to say the least. If you are going later in the year then I wouldnt bother with wets as its normally dry.
    A funnel and a small socket set/allan keys and any routine special tools you may need, tyre pressure gauge/small pump. A bottle of oil if your bike uses any. You will find that there are regularly teams testing there with a huge amount of gear and they are normally very amenable about lending out tools as long as you dont take the p-ss.
    A chair/person and something soft to kneel on
    A cuddly toy.....
    And be careful of the last village on the way to the circuit. It has a low speed limit and the local plod know when the hire car races to/from the circuit take place :grin::grin:
    Who you going with?

5. All good advice cheers, one thing that is worrying me is having my tyres changed there.

There immaculate wheels so don't want them coming back from being changed with marks on!

6. And its focus events

7. First ever TD? Novice group? Road tyres?

If so, take your bike, a rear stand, few consumables like a spark plug, lube plus a few light tools and some gaffa tape and cable ties, a chair, fuel jug (5l one of fine) plus some rag/blue roll/kitchen roll

Unless you already have race rubber fitted, don't: just have good road rubber with a lot of life in them, leave any warmers at home and you won't need any more tyres.

When packing make sure you have a bike cover on it ideally waterproof in case it gets unloaded before you get there and its raining. f crates, many like to cling wrap the whole lot in.

:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bog roll...:Mooning:

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Its FE so no crates :fearscream::fearscream::fearscream::fearscream::fearscream:

10. No crates! What's that about then

• Like Like x 1
  11. I do wonder how they manage track bikes as they put stands on separately

12. Lots of rope and old mattresses!!
    I think FE also charge extra for items over the usual kitbag/small tool box and one set of tyres/wheels

13. A cheap spare set of wheels that you don't mind getting marked? You'll proably still have to shell out about £500 though. :Nailbiting:

• Like Like x 1
  14. If you are going to take spare tyres, get a wheel bag and you can fill the inside of the tyre with a kettle, tea bags, coffee and mugs. Andy

15. Just managed to get a set of wheels for £300 happy days!!!

16. You will need a European Health Card - E211 if you havent already got one. I think you can get them online , through NHS.

You will also need Repatriation Insurance. Sorrymate.com are quite reasonable. As its Focused Events , make sure your kit is well marked and identifiable , especially your paddock stands , if you take them. Dont be surprised when you get to the track to find your rear padock stand holding up someone else's bike. When they are unloading bikes without stands they cant always match the paddock stand to the bike , so use any paddock stand that fits.
    FE will also insist that your battery is disconnected before they load it.
    A lot that go with FE and have nice fairings will wrap as much as possible with bubble wrap , just to give some protection during shipment and transit.

Enjoy your first Track day , its a lovely place to go.

17. Is there sound limit at Almeria?

18. 138db. ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Yes but no-one has reached it yet ;). Andy

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Insurance try moris.co.uk
    What date you going ?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information