1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098 And Now The Questions Start !

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Android853sp, Feb 13, 2016.

1. Is there a reason why you would replace the 1098R OE slipper clutch for a DP upgrade from new other than because you could ? I only ask because in the blur that is my memory of the negotiations, I recall the chap saying that he was told the DP slipper was better so bought one. Searching through the boxes of bits I was given, lo and behold, there is a complete unused slipper clutch. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  2. So, thanks to Craig at Moto Rapido, the answer is the DP Race slipper clutch has titanium spring posts and is lighter than the standard. That'll be a little bit of bling and lower rotating mass. Andy

• Like Like x 2
  3. Next question, does the GB Racing engine protection kit for the 1198 fit the 1098R ? Thanks, Andy

4. Yep!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. My attention has now turned to after market bodywork suitable for the track. On closer inspection, the Ducati fibreglass kit I got with the bike, requires a fair bit of attention to make good and I would really rather use my time doing anything else. My current issue is that the tail unit needs the location for the traction control unit and it is not obvious that any of the current suppliers I have looked at provide anything specific to the R. What are other people using ? Andy

6. You need a traction control unit mounting bracket (MM Competition systems and Bike Sport Developments sell them, amongst others) - then you you can choose your own track kit, CRC perhaps?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. I have in a box of bits, a Ducati Corse 1098R DTC ECU bracket which looks like it attaches to the sub frame if the picture is accurate. Is this all I need to use any of the after market body work ? Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Pretty much. You've probably already got a track front subframe? Are you going to remove the side stand?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Yes, came with a fancy Pierobon which is nice and after the issues with the 853 when I get tired and can't get my leg high enough to get over the back of the bike, I'll probably leave the side stand on. I have a carbon catch tray that has been "modified" to take the side stand. Andy

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. I have the Bike Sport Development TC bracket. The trick is to make sure it is mounted level.
    You'll have fun with the 1098 seat cowl and undertray - compared with a 9*6/748/853 seat it's a complete pain! Lots of fiddly screws that just don't appear to be necessary apart from to add time to removing it.
    I put a DZUS fastener right at the back above the exhausts to secure my one.

• Like Like x 1
  11. What is the connector in the little cubby hole in the rear seat ? Andy

12. USB for DDA?

13. Not USB. 4 wires, flat bladed connector and yellow in colour. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  14. Yep, it's the USB dongle connector. You connect it to the bikes wiring loom via the 4 pin connector, then the other end plugs into your computer's USB port when you are ready

[​IMG]

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Is the standard 848/1098/1198 2 piece lower fairing arrangement a direct replacement for the 1 piece carbon 1098R catch tray and are the side panels common across the models ? Thanks, Andy

16. There's no reason the 2 piece belly pan won't fit. The side fairings and V piece are identical.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. :upyeah:. Andy

18. Next question. Are the 1098R exhaust headers unique (I know they are different to all the other 1098s) or are the 1198 headers identical ? Ta, Andy

Do Not Sell My Personal Information