1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Annoying Screen Vibe!

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Brakes508, Apr 25, 2016.

1. So picks my new Mutley up Saturday and starts the old running in process. One thing that bugs me is the vibe about 4k the resonates through the screen! Changed it over yesterday for a Puig dark tint screen and it's even worse!! anyone else experienced this and if so how did you resolve it? Apart from that loving the bike!!

2. I have the same issue and would love a solution that doesn't involve jamming a rubber bung in the mechanism (and still allows you to adjust it)

• Like Like x 1
  3. it is a common thing, mine is lower revs more like 3k, you sort of not notice it as much after a while. but it should not happen tbh, it beggars belief that with all the test that must of been done, how it ever got past for pre delivery

• Like Like x 1
  4. Seems bizarre as it very pronounced through the screen and never had that before in 32 years of biking!!!
    Need to try and work a solution out as I know that will do my head in! Dark tint Puig touring screen looks much better though!

5. I've mentioned before that about half the bikes at my local dealers were affected with movement, half were rock solid.

6. Very strange that! Wonder what the difference is and if anyone has any "insider knowledge" as a solution?

7. Same on mine rather annoying! Need to find a fix!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Had a quick swatch on here before I posted but not much detail. Someone commented on another thread about there being maybe a dealer mod? Anyone know details about it??
    Anyone come up with a good solution to the screen vibe cause I'd love to cure it before it drives me mental. How is that not ironed out at pre production!? You're not telling me they didn't know about it!!

9. It sounds like it's the screen mounting that is making the noise rather than the screen itself. If you replaced the screen and the noise continues (or is worse) it must be the sliding mount that the screen bolts onto. Perhaps the spring on the slider release is not strong enough?

Should be easy enough to check it by removing the screen and seeing if you can find anything that feels loose or wobbles about in the adjuster mechanism.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thanks, will try and suss it more when I get some time! Bloody annoying though it's there in the first place!

• Like Like x 1
  11. ;)

#11 Hyperextended, Apr 25, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. FYI - The shorter Pikes Peak screen doesn't vibrate in the same way. The longer screen is worse (and I also have a Navihalter fixed on mine).

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. ;)

#14 Hyperextended, Apr 26, 2016
  14. Oi, enough banter about my baggy joint!

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Mine's now getting so bad the Pikes Peak screen is vibrating and banging... superglue this weekend.

16. now that is getting ridiculous! my nose is bigger than the Pikes Peak screen!!! :) Let me know how the superglue goes? I'm going to hold off till after my first service in case the dealer can fix it with their magic! probably superglue as well lol :/

17. I did the superglue fix on mine the other day and it works a treat, so far. A couple of notes from someone who has rather too much experience of glues, etc (don't ask), which I think will be of help to anyone doing this and might help avoid making an unsightly mess.

Not all superglue is the same. Try and use a thicker "odourless" variety. You want to put a small blob of thick "odourless" cyanoacrylate on each side in the location described by Hyperextended - between the two plastic parts that form like a gland at the bottom, not actually on the metal rod.

You want to avoid a thin glue or "super-phatic" glue will just run through the gap and possibly out the bottom and might make a mess. If you use a "gel" type then you can put a small blob on either side of the gland and coax it into the gap with a cocktail stick.

The reason to try and use an "Odourless" glue is because the fumes of the normal type of superglue can leave a white haze on the black plastic, which might look nasty on a very prominent part of the bike, and might even leave a haze on the screen itself if you put it back on whilst it's still curing. The normal type of cyanoacrylate superglue can also melt some plastics and foam parts. I can recommend "Rocket Odourless" by Deluxe Materials and was able to do it without removing the screen and leaving it in it's highest setting.

Anyway, I can confirm that my annoying screen rattle has now gone.

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. ;)

#19 Hyperextended, Apr 29, 2016
  19. Could anyone post a pic so it's clear which bit gets glued pls?
    I'm a bit thick! And don't want to glue myself to the bike....

Do Not Sell My Personal Information