1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Annoying Screen Vibe!

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Brakes508, Apr 25, 2016.

1. ;)

#21 Hyperextended, Apr 30, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2016
  2. OK, OK, I admit it! I'm a Scottish numpty!! went for another quick "run in" spin on Saturday and decided to look into the screen vibe issue a bit deeper. Quick check and discover that when I changed the screen over I hadn't "locked" the slide mech into the full lower position, and guess what? yip, no issue!!! will keep the "superglue" trick up my sleeve as may need in the future! here's a pic of the Puig touring screen which makes it look much better in my humble opinion!! :) Duc9.jpg Duc9.jpg Duc11.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. So after posting this, my screen rattle came back after about 50 miles. The blob on either side of the joint wasn't sufficient. So, I removed the screen and applied a bead of odourless superglue into the joint/groove before giving it a spray with "kicker" which makes the glue set immediately. I then applied another bead on top of that and give it another spray with "kicker".

I've now done another 200 miles and the rattle has not come back.

Pacer Zip Kicker is what you're after to get the glue to go off instantly and allow you to build up a more solid gap-fill.

Pacer Technology (Zap) PT50 Zap Adhesives Zip Kicker Aerosol 5 oz by Pacer Technology (Zap): Amazon.co.uk: Toys & Games

4. ;)

#24 Hyperextended, May 4, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Possibly, but your mileage may vary as not all pound shop superglue is the same. Odourless superglue which you can get "next day" off Amazon is practically guaranteed to not make a mess. When you get that horrible white haze on black plastic you just can't get rid of it without making it worse. Not worth saving the £5 for the premium product when you've spent 10's of thousands on the bike you're gonna use it on.

Just my 2 pennies.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ;)

#26 Hyperextended, May 4, 2016
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Na! There's not enough members :Greedy:

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Well, thanks for the advice everyone. Mine suffered from the rattle at the bottom joint but with the superglue trick and a bead on the visible section, this is now cured. I did notice that the screen is now stiffer to move up, but on reflection it's now how it was when new, 2000 miles ago.

Cheers!

• Like Like x 1
  9. ;)

#29 Hyperextended, May 5, 2016
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. I think you're right. How I love a Ducati and all it's little quirks!

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. If you look at the assembly, the location where we've applied glue is actually a ball-joint and the metal spine of the screen adjustment mechanism runs through the center of it. The rattle being caused by the tolerance within the joint being too generous. So we've just glued it up and removed that tiny piece of movement which allows for a nice fluid action over the rise and fall of the mechanism over the different height positions and made it stiffer.

I'll take the stiffer screen adjustment over the rattle.

12. Instead of using superglue, wouldn't some black silicon sealer be a better fix, it's black like the ball joint, so should be hard to see. It would take up the loose fitting of the ball joint and still stay somewhat flexible to enable the screen to move freely..?

Only a suggestion guys, I'm still enjoying my 2010 1st gen multi, but thought it could be a tip worth a try...?

• Like Like x 1
  13. That is a brilliant idea for anyone doing this in future. Don't know why I didn't think of it before. Nice one!

• Like Like x 1
  14. You shouldn't have to do this on a near £16k bike though!

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Did the superglue (using the superior version glue, and I did dribble a little bit) fix today, seems to have worked perfectly, thanks

• Like Like x 2
  16. You're quite right ... and you don't have to. If you want to write-off a morning or afternoon to a dealer poke around at it, then that's your prerogative and available to everyone. I mentioned it to my dealer and they were more than happy to take a look. If I had the time then that's what I would have done in preference, but 5 mins with some superglue seemed acceptable too.

• Like Like x 1
  17. I am stuck with same problem plz can u share a pic wher to apply superglue
    Thanks

Do Not Sell My Personal Information