1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

959 Annual Service Cost

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by flatstick959, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Booked my bike in for it's first annual service (slightly early to beat the rush in spring).

Would prefer to do it myself but obviously need to keep the book stamped!

Anyway £160 for oil and filter change and inspection - I didn't think that was too bad as the oil and filter would probably be £60 or more.

What is the going rate for an annual service/oil change?

• Love You Love You x 1
  2. That's about what I pay for the 899

3. Seems reasonable. They will also do all the manufacturer checks now it's run in so it's always worthwhile.

4. Seems about right.

5. Is the second annual service a similar cost?

6. Mine was £235 including brake fluid change

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mine is in Riders in bridgewater and it's £299 plus £55 for brake fluid. Surely that can't be right??

8. That's exactly where I need to (begrudgingly) take mine. Seems like a lot of money to me!

9. I did the brake and clutch fluid and pads myself as they startled to feel spongey.

I think that's part of your second annual service though?

One place I phoned wanted £160 plus cost of oil and filter! When I asked what I got for the £160 he couldn't really tell me... check the chain... check the pads for wear... erm...

M&S Newcastle are pretty good for prices.

10. Ducati Glasgow list the annual service as £278 plus £137 for fluids (and says due every 3 years)

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  11. It feels a little like that's taking advantage of the location and lack of other Ducati dealers, I phoned two dealers that are each exactly 40 mins from my house and the second one came down to this price, I think it was meant to be nearer £280 but all in, not with £137 extra for "fluids" I mean what is that? £137 for brake fluid? As the coolant doesn't need doing at two years and the oil is part of the £280 price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. They state clutch, brake, coolant and fork oil.

I really don't want to go to my local main dealer but I have few other options. I emailed Louigi Moto last week but they didn't bother getting back to me.

13. I have met a number of people who have got away with taking a car to a main dealer and providing their own fluids (of the recommended type). I do think that's one way to take them to task over unreasonable mark-ups. In fact I have done this myself, after taking fright at what a DIY gearbox oil change involved (difficult access) after having bought the right Honda-specific oil; the dealer was happy with this, bearing in mind that I attached the job to some other service work and explained why I had bought the oil (not from them) when originally planning DIY.

They have a business to run, of course, but £55 for brake fluid (unless that includes the labour for the changing of it?) is taking the fluid in my view. I recently bought a litre of it for £12, which should do a few changes I think!

Brembo Premium Fully Synthetic Performance Brake Fluid Dot 5.1/Dot5.1 1L/1 Litre | eBay

14. Coolant And fork oil are due at 3yr. Fork oil probably worth changing sooner though after speaking to MCT.

Some of the prices people are quoting here are absolutely scandalous.

15. Coolant And fork oil are due at 3yr. Fork oil probably worth changing sooner though after speaking to MCT.

Some of the prices people are quoting here are absolutely scandalous.

16. I recently just paid £263 for service and an MOT at Ducati Glasgow, was a bit steep IMO.

17. Riders Bridgwater want £299 for the second annual service. They will collect and return the bike for no extra cost during January and February. Still seems like a rip off to me

18. That's what I paid. They're good lads but I nearly fell off my chair! They said all they do is look at the booked number or hours ducati state for the job and times that by their hourly rate

19. Are you local to Bridgwater Richie?

20. No mate, Hereford. I was just down there for a week with work and it was convenient to get it serviced while I was there

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information