1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Rider Dies At The Tt

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Robarano, Jun 10, 2016.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  1. Very very sad news - my thoughts go out to his family and his mates.RIP

2. Sad news indeed - unfortunately it is every year :( but looking at the races on TV there isn't much that can be done about it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I'm very sorry. Ian sold me my first big bike, which brought me back into biking after too many years. He even delivered it free-of-charge and helped put it away, too. A real gent and a big loss.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. I am an old git and can remember the days when there were multiple deaths every season in F1 and motorcycle circuit racing - but it's rare nowadays.TT riders themselves say that they wouldn't compete in Road Racing if it became sanitised and super safe

5. I have known Ian for over 30 years, bought a few bikes from him, his shop is only 3 miles or so from me.
    I was in looking at the yellow R1 a couple of weeks ago and spoke to him.
    Rip Ian

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Ride in peace :(

7. Terrible shame, really feel for friends and family and those that knew him.

8. Solo rider passed away also...Andrew soar (hope I spelt right)
    RIP

9. They both died doing something they loved.

10. Six dead people is horrible no matter what, can't see the powers that be accepting this much longer just can't

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. My thoughts exactly every year life's are lost and regardless how famous the TT is, it ain't really acceptable to there family's, no one should die young .

[emoji26]

12. Is it any more dangerous than climbing Ben Nevis? I seem to remember about 15 died 1 year a while back.

13. Bit harder stopping people trying to climb thousands?millions? Of dangerous challenges,pack a bag and go climb something how on earth do you contemplate stopping it? Where as the tt if you pop down the the start/finish in your hi viz you can stop it...just like that,and sure as eggs is eggs someone will be getting sick of that time trial.

14. Rest in piece

Let's not make this a should or shouldn't it run thread.

Understand that these people were there because they wanted to be there. Nobody forced them it was their own decision.

They all know the risks.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. It's fantastic and of total respect to mourn these "supermen" because that's what they are.
    I see a lot of negative comments about the TT,NW 200, Manx GP, Tangradee etc. The comments are made by motorcyclists who either watch it religiously every year or actually attend.
    These Guys at least died doing what they loved , SMBH died going to the fooking chippy along with his daughter because some idiot decided to U turn in the road.
    That to me is terrible, but no-one says "ban lorries, take lorries off the road etc".
    Comments from our own community that aren't constructive will be used as ammo by people who want road racing legislated out of existence, If it's going to be commented on at all, in public at least make it constructive.

16. Some people need protecting from themselves....aparantly
    i love bikes and racing, met Conrad Harrison at his house, met hutchy at bingley in his old workshop, love tt love Irish road racing, dr john fastest doctor on earth legend...used to go jefferies shop and see nicks road racing bikes propped up in the shop..I'm in awe of these fellas, I also say what I want it's called free speech, and it won't alter or change anything,in this health and safety mad world the changes will come from some boring do nothing pen pusher who's mrs probably makes his sarnies, in his free time you can find him cutting the grass (guy Martin)...I personally found it a bit much that a dead racer was left in a body bag in someone's front garden cos 'the show must go on' reminds me of war not sport...have you seen Macau? Just cos someone wants to do something does not make it right or acceptable,times have changed...I love all things bikes personally I also think sometimes people need protecting from themselves.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information