1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Wake-up Call

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Speed_Triple, Feb 15, 2015.

1. i am more concerned about the actions of the police at the mo, bit of a backlash up here regarding the police and stop and search telling ministers one thing but doing another. the wee mans been told, if a copper asks to search tell them no.

2. There's nothing as valuable complacency to an extremist. To put police attempts to protect us from harm on the same footing as murderous terrorists is disingenuous at best and crass at worst. If you were Jewish your views might be quite different I suspect.

3. but i am not, that's the point. nor am i a muslim nor am i drug dealer and nether are the 90% of the kids there pissing off the process.

4. Then the police need better PR. I am all for searching whomever it's necessary to search to keep guns off the streets and the population safe. Even you can only say 90% are innocent. What about the other 10%?

And you can thank extremist gunmen for making that necessary in the first place. Blaming the messenger rather than the perpetrator never solved anything.

5. not much terrorist threat from an argyll teenager

6. You was it Fin? ;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. seriously tho it pisses me aff, since the Scottish forces where amalgamated in to one they have started to become a law unto them selves, started carrying weapons as a matter of coarse, stop and search, introducing inner city coppers to country locals and the problems that come with it.. i think the msp's a starting to get a grip of them now.

8. A foretaste of life in the people's republic?

9. the balance will be redressed once we take the power back.

10. Fig [2]
    finm, yesterday
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 6
  11. I think once Nicola gets a taste for it you won't see much of it ;)

How often do you get a politician saying "we need to do less" ?

12. i understand your dispare. move north get involved. help shape a modern utopia.

13. Have you never read Animal Farm ?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Over in Ayrshire I've noticed the change as well, they seem to cruise around stopping people on a whim, must be 2 yrs since I've seen a copper WALKING round the village engaging with residents. It'll be interesting to see what Easter weekend brings, last year it was mass stops and safety checks with zero tolerance and an incredibly bullying attitude, so much for Engage, Educate and Enforce! that policy seems to bore them, now it seems to be Enforce, Enforce, Enforce, I suppose that policy must come from the top.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. and heavily criticized by the first minister and thankfully the liberals and labour.

16. no not yet, is it a good idea to read stuff like that?.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Do you not think they could be both behind the policy and critical of it at the same time ?

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information