1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody Recommend A Good Anodizing Service?

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by Old Jock, Jun 19, 2016.

1. Hi mate. Yeah, I've bought loads off them recently to mint my 998 and it all seems good quality stuff, decent prices and fast delivery. It's the same company BTW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Ah ok.. Yeah I got clutch springs and collars for my 748, made a massive difference, the old ones looked rank. You've made a lovely job of the 998, I'm pretty sure it didn't look that good when it left the factory :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. AA Anodising
    UNIT 1B GARDEN VALE
    BUSINESS CENTRE
    GREENFIELD ROAD
    COLNE
    LANCASHIRE
    BB8 9PD

I used these for some work, £20.00 for doing a rear pannier rack. Good job too

4. Has anybody had their engine casings anodised? I was talking to another forum member the other day, @Old Jock, about this. Could be an alternative to wet painting or powder coating them, if the finish lasted...

5. Doesn't anodising coat every surface of the item? If it does then how do you ensure it only treats the outside.

6. It won't and the inside of the Ducati cases that I have worked on all seem to have an interior coating which appears to aid oil flow etc.

I would check things carefully before subjecting a full set of cases to full anodising.

7. Thought about that but if they do brake calipers?
    Might be worth me asking them anyhow... It wasn't called anodising but something else, diamond something but can't remember now. Might take it further this winter...

Thanks, ian

• Like Like x 1
  8. Cheers John. Your bits will be in this week. You were after silver??? ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. :mad::mad::mad:

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information