1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Anyone On The 1200r Yet

Discussion in 'Monster' started by spanish, Mar 12, 2016.

1. 600 mile run-in service done. First foray past 6,000 revs.....bloody hell :)

2. On my 821 i had same sensation past 6000 rpm, what a rush...i can only imagine with more 50 bhp... Kind of hell's breaking loose!

• Like Like x 1
  3. And after hearing the Termi's (sound crap on YouTube) but brilliant in real life - I've bloody ordered them !!

• Like Like x 1
  4. I only picked mine with termis installed from 0 mile/km no more no less!

#124 Pratz, Jul 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2016
  5. Well done Ian :thumbsup:

After 3000+ miles of riding with the booming Termis, I can confirm that the sound will make you grin from ear to ear every time you ride the bike. I never get sick of the sound & oh, every one hears you coming, and that includes all of those cars that 'may' just pull out in front of you, because the didn't see you - well now they'll definitely hear you. They are a great safety feature! :handok:

• Like Like x 3
  6. Wowzers.....Full rev range now available, and Termis booming.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Good'un Flappy- Yeah... the Termis make ALL the difference eh!

Its a flip'in fantastic bike - can't get enough of mine....

8. Had my R for about 5 weeks, absolutely love it. First service done so now revving it out further, 3rd and 4th gear roll on acceleration is mad and massively addictive!

Ped IMG_3859.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  9. 1200 R.JPG Here's mine and love it. Scalpel like handling and braking, a good wallop from the throttle and little of the way of wind protection to keep me honest.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Nice one stu-p.

I like the sun shining on the engine :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Did it happen guys, just reading this link in January 17

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12. If anyone crashes theirs I really want a 1200R engine...:upyeah:

• WTF WTF x 1
  13. There's a guy selling used R stuff in Germany on eBay, he has an engine for sale

14. Hi Monster people. I paid my deposit for a new black 1200 R with Termi's and rad guards in Dec. I will probably get the bike about March, mostly due to the weather. I live in N/E Scotland. I've currently got a 2008 Hyper 1100 S and 1997 Yamaha XJR 1200. The Hyper is for sale £5500. Loads of extras. The XJR I bought new. Never for sale. My wife has a 2005 Monster 620IE in Senna colours, lovely bike. I've not ridden a 1200 R but after seeing one in Ducati Glasgow and sitting on it, I had to buy it. Can't wait to get it. :grinning:

• Like Like x 3
  15. Had a Ducabike clutch conversion fitted this week on mine and love the look. monster ducabike.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  16. That looks great

• Like Like x 1
  17. Second that , especially on the black, eye catching.

18. Could you give any more details re practicalities,fitting ,costs etc please.
    P.M. If that's better for you

19. Got it from Steve at Conquest carbon, fitting is really quite easy especially when someone else is doing it............. took about 30 mins in total. You don't have to remove exhaust down pipes but may have to loosen the exhaust guard fixings a bit. They are available in different colour combinations and for other Ducati models too. For costings, have a look at Conquest Carbon's web site. Regards, Stu.

#139 stu-pendus, Apr 14, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  20. Thanks Stu

Do Not Sell My Personal Information