1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone Ride In A Flying Jacket...

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by CINNABULL, Jan 15, 2017.

1. Quick update. Got meself a Cirrus classic flying jacket. I went out for a quick blast yesterday and the thing is bloody warm, I mean toasty warm. Like having a heated jacket on. It may be too hot for the summer, but I'm loving it at the moment.

Stuart

• Like Like x 3
  2. Why not get something like a helstons motorcycle jacket that's a similar price but is CE rated and has amour?

3. May you continue to be lucky as I was for 31 years and 250k miles....until.

4. OMG....that's @chizel

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  5. I bought a genuine ex RAF flying jacket from a junk shop for £2 in 1967 still have it and wear its OK in the cold weather to hot in the summer not very nice when the fur on the collar and cuffs gets wet.

6. wot fin said in the other thread.

7. #28 CINNABULL, Jan 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
  8. TBH I've got a Hein Gericke All Seasons textile 2 piece, and Ducati leather, I just fancied something different. I like the look of the vintage style flying jackets as well.

Stuart

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Wife and I bought these for bombing about in triumph Tr6 topless all year round ( the car not the wife before Ex starts slavering and demanding piccys)
    Rode the monster when I had it but the wind gets up the sleeves.

image.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  10. My point was that helstons do vintage jackets. I've got a couple myself.

11. Does that mean he'll love it?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Yeah I've seen the range of stuff they do, but not quite the look of a proper vintage style aviator. Quite nice never the less, but not what I was looking for tbh.

Stuart

• Like Like x 1
  13. I e got a Irvin. Mega warm but restrictive and very heavy. Got it from a vintage shop in Ludlow. Im not selling it, but will be good on the heffalump in the Spring. Saw a dainese flying jacket in Ebay, but it. This would be the perfect option as it had armour too.!!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information