1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone Running Pirelli Diablo Superbike Pro Slicks ?

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by Fastmonkey, Sep 3, 2014.

1. I've been using the normal road compound Super Corsa's on track and love them I don't need the grip from the SC2 or 1 version as I'm just not that good ! and I can get 3 full days out of a set.

But I'm tempted to try the Pirelli DIABLO SUPERBIKE PRO Slick mainly as the red stripe goes well with my bike..........only joking, I just think they sound about right for me and I like the idea of running a slick that has the wear characteristics described.

So anyone use them ?

Here's an article on them

Pirelli Diablo Superbike PRO Tire Review - Motorcycle USA

2. Yep. Run them on my track bike. Cheaper than sc1's to. Had three trackdays out of the set I have on now and still good for another one or two... the compound is equivalent to a harder compound and not that of racing slicks. I run top of the inters with no issues on them other than you have to get the pressures spot on. As I found last time at cadwell drifting the back end but it was nice and controlled, dropped a bit more air and was fine after that. Not a sudden loss of grip either like some tyres I've used, plenty of confidence to keep the slide going which is unusual for me as I normally cack my pants lol

3. Ok that's good feedback thanks, what pressures do you run from cold then ? And what bike / sizes you running ?

4. Use this as a rough guide. Settled for 32 front and 27 rear as hot temps. On my 2010 zx6r below running a 180 rear.

IMG_1034.PNG

IMG_0314.JPG

Do Not Sell My Personal Information