1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Enduro Anyone Taken The Jump From The Multistrada S Dvt To The Enduro?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by pado9107, Dec 16, 2016.

1. Have you switched from the DVT to the Enduro, if so, what is your impression?

I need to make a choice now & while I`m swayed towards the Enduro 99% of my riding will be on road & I was wondering how much the road performance is effected.
    I`ve read many ride reports but they are pretty inconsistent regarding this.

2. I have an 1200Enduro & its provided me 404-miles with steady riding on tarmac. Never rode the DVT though I was considering it until the enduro was announced. Fuel tank is nearly 33 litres & is very heavy once fully filled.

3. I bought my Multi as I wanted a tall sports bike and absolutely hate off-road bikes and the fact that it has 17" wheels and limited ground clearance was the nod to the capabilities of a sports bike that I wanted and so I bought it. The fact that it has an "Enduro mode" is frankly laughable and to my mind is really only a gimmick.

I wouldn't consider an Enduro for a moment. I understand why Ducati have released it as it makes the Multi a real alternative to a BMW GS and if that's what you want then great, you have more choice. Personally when I was at the NEC and when I've seen Enduro's in my local Ducati dealer I just walk by as if it doesn't exist as it's a thing that just doesn't appear on my radar and never will.

As a generalisation I suspect that many that really wanted a GS alternative would have already headed to their KTM or Triumph dealer and until the arrival of the Enduro wouldn't have ventured too near their Ducati dealer - which would be the reason why Ducati released it in the first place. For that reason I don't think many would switch from a regular Multi to an Enduro.

4. I wouldn't consider swapping from a 1200S DVT to an Enduro either. I wanted a comfortable sports tourer. I never venture far off road although the good ground clearance of the standard Multistrada is useful for mounting kerbs :)

For me, the Enduro model is just too tall (I'm 5'10" with short legs), too heavy (fully fueled) and too wide (with the boxy panniers fitted).

I've not even bothered to test ride an Enduro, but I'd recommend you have a go on both the 1200S and the Enduro models ideally on the same day over the same roads.

5. Surely you've answered your own question? Why buy a bike that will satisfy only 1% of your riding? That's a whole 99% (i.e. very nearly ALL) of your riding that you could be enjoying more than you otherwise would.

I suppose it boils down to whether you want to buy with your head or your heart... now that's a different thing altogether!

#5 sparky boy, Dec 16, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. I have a dvt S and have ridden the enduro for several hundred miles.

the truth is, theres not much difference.

I noticed ever so slightly less bite on the brakes and maybe it felt a teeny bit heaver while riding. certainly heavier while stationary.

I didn't really notice the slower steering until i got back on my S, but again, it was minimal.

The one thing I did notice and would stop me being the enduro, is how wide the seat is. Its pushed my legs uncomfortably apart (right where your legs meet your arse). I don't think you could get a narrower seat as it fits with the new wider tank. I could manage for a couple of hundred miles or more, but it is more comfortable on my S.

Just a preference, but I also preferred the slightly lower handlebar position on the S. this is weird, because I thought id prefer the enduro, but for me, it wasn't the case. Just personal preference though

didn't notice any difference with the suspension, but then most of my journey on it was motorway.

just my thoughts...id say go and have a long ride on both.

7. I think the OP omitted a comma and it should read 'while I'm swayed towards the Enduro, 99% of my riding will be on road...'

I've hopped onto an Enduro in the showroom and wheeled it about and it was ok but it would be too big and unwieldy fully fueled with luggage and a pillion. I'm a short arse at 5'8, but find the Multi bang on with the seat in the high position; in the low position I feel like my legs are on a sports bike and the bars oddly high.

8. The Multi DVT is a tall sports bike, nothing more and nothing less.
    If you want to go 'off road' get the Enduro or any of the BMW GS's.

9. Choice made :grinning:

IMG_1078.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  10. [​IMG]

Very nice, now what bling are you going for?

11. Urban Pack first of all, then either TomTom or Garmin sat nav.. any suggestions?

What's easiest to mount?

#11 Patrick Doherty, Jan 1, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Had my first good ride out today before the snow comes, yes, she's a heavy bitch to move around by hand & putting her on the centre stand takes some effort (a lot), getting her off the center stand requires a change of underpants, but on the go, bloody hell, this thing is rapid in sports mode!

13. Buy the race-exhaust & experience sonic-acceleration. It's not overly loud either'

Do Not Sell My Personal Information