1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

998 Anyone Used An Aftermarket Fuel Pump 998 / 999?

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Quarrybends, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Pretty sure the pump is goosed and i'm currently looking at aftermarket pumps. Has anyone had any good or indeed bad experience of changing the pump for a none gen?

2. I believe the stock pump is actually a car pump and comes from something like a Subaru, but don't quote me on that.

As such a higher pressure pump was available which gave more fuel pressure and I understand Ducati used this pump on their race bikes to provide the extra needed fuel pressure.

3. Aye it's only a pump, just wondered who had used what. Several compatible pumps available

4. Red, this one is very different to the one fitted in my old Impreza, significantly smaller for which there were better and significantly cheaper ones available than Subaru OEM for upgraded flow (typically at 1/8th of the price IIRC). The pump upgrades usually provided increased flow volume rather than pressure as most people retained the standard pressure regulator upstream of the injectors when chipping or uprating to STi+ bhp. The Ducati pump seems to be quite generic in that there 3-4 alternatives one of which is so cheap it may be worth buying just to check the fit. The Bosch one is the one I would use and adapt to fit if/as necessary if the OEM one is overly expensive. Has anyone checked for Ducati's price?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information