1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

959 Autoblipper?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by El Toro, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Hi mate, did you find out about the 1299 auto blipper at all? Hope your pleased with your new bike...
    Thanks

2. Can't see it being a simple shift rod swap and if it was Ducati would be cashing in on it as a dp item and bike sports developments would not have developed a blipper box for it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Looks like you are right. Spoke to my Ducati dealer today who said...The up & down shift is not inter changeable from the 1299 to the 959 and Ducati do not list this as an option. However there are company's out there that make such an option...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks for the info :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. No probs Dan. Are you thinking of going after market or not bothering?

6. I'm not too sure at the moment. I have the 899 anyways so I'm guessing I would require a slipper clutch too...another thing on my list. But got so many other bits and bobs to spend my money on first. Gets bloody expensive this ducati way of life ha!
    Have you got your new bike now?

7. Yeah I think the slipper is needed too? Not sure, I am zero technical and just outsource my info!

Yep mine arrived today, took it for a quick spin. Initial report....she wants to move. Much lighter and more 'flickable' than the BMW but does not feel as planted. The BMW whilst a rocket at high end was quite docile on the street . This thing wants to attack at all times. It does not like going slow so certainly not a commute bike or slow traffic thing, but the second you twist it comes alive and she just wants a fight!

Will be a big shift for me to go from inline 4 to v twin on track but looking forward to it!

8. I'm glad your pleased with it anyways? Are you converting it to a track bike then? What BMW did you have before s1000?

9. Only light conversion so it can be road if needed. I had a BMW S1000R then stepped up to S1000RR and now this. My road bike is a Scrambler which actually I ride all the time!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Just fitted the bike sport development pro blipper and I have the standard clutch and it works great

• Like Like x 1
  11. It's free. It's called your right hand and learning to change gear properly :Facepalm:

12. Thanks for the update neil

• Like Like x 1
  13. I do all that now :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information