1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Aux Lights For Multi

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by HyperMac, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Hi Folks,
    I will be taking delivery of my "new to me" MTS 1200S ( 2014 MY ) next month from dealer, and just wondered if I should go ahead and get some Aux lights installed before taking delivery.
    So couple of questions really:
    Can you use the Aux lights during daytime running to help with being seen ?
    What sort of price should I be looking at paying for dealer to supply and install lights do you think ?
    Do the Aux lights make a huge difference for long range distance view , or is it just a wider spread on short range view ?

Normally I would install lights myself , however I will not be in UK long enough on this visit, and also don't have easy assess to tools etc to go ahead with installation, so hence having to rely more on dealer etc.

Thanks and apologies for what may be to some a few silly questions :blush:

2. Hi Hyper, I have them on my dvt, keep them on always even though the dvt has led headlights, I had mine fitted by a dealer and I think it was about £300 ish all in, apparently they're a bit o; a pig to install! If like mine you'll need the dealer to activate the switchgear also. Nige

3. If you're talking about the factory fog lights on the 2014, they are wider spread/short range. They make perfect daytime or nighttime running lights.

4. Yep and they come with a separate switch I don't think the dealer has to activate the switch gear. I find mine more useful when riding the twistys at night they help keep the corners lit up as you bank over, with them off it's like riding blind on the inside of the bend.

5. Thanks for replies. So seems like a worthwhile investment if the price is right I think.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Mind you, they don't half blind your mates if your riding behind them.

7. Awe man, wel jel, I aint got no mates, not since I bought a Ducati I don't anyway.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. I don't use mine during the day, the headlights on the multi are as bright as a bright thing anyway so only use mine at night.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information