1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Back On A 1299

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Rjkc600, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Hello again chaps.

Pleased to say that I'm back on a 1299. I bought an S model with 318 miles on it.

I've traded in my 9 month old Hypermotard 939SP today (and lost a fair amount of money doing so) which I've got some awesome memories on and is quite possibly the best bike I've ever owned overall.

The itch for another powerful super bike got the better of me though.

My last 1299 had problems with coolant leaks and starting issues, so I'm hoping this new one will be OK.

Quick question. Is the Standard 1299S good for brands hatch or does it not meet noise regs?

Cheers all.

2. I got on at Brands ok with no limits and the testers were quite pleasant at static telling me to lean it over etc, failed at snetterton but let me go out and thrash it on 1st session, then tested again and passed. I think they let you on and just check the drive by which doesn't seem to be as bad

• Like Like x 1
  3. Brands will be ok as long as you have standard cans, even stock upgrade Akros are not allowed on track at all. Snetterton will be ok with either standard cans or other types with a baffle, if you fail static test by a couple of Db they will let you go out still and test the driveby.

4. Cheers guys. I'll be leaving the exhaust standard. Got walloped my hyper PX and the exhaust made little difference so won't bother next time.

The 1299 is the only bike I've had that sounds awesome standard anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Nice!

As above, brands is okay with standard pipes

6. Anyone want to swap their 1299 for my S1000RR, I'm itching to get a Panigale around Brands GP!

7. I really want to do gp !!!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information