1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

939 Back To Hyperland - Hypermotard Upgrades

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by jcbertin, Aug 25, 2016.

1. So after reviewing my State-side forums, seems the UK team is bringing in the best Ducati forum this days... I used to own the Hyper1100S with Full Termi and still regret selling it. But, just bought a new 939 and Full Termi being fitted as I type. Question is, upgrades that are essential besides the tail tidy, etc.? Saw a thread about DucShop velocity stacks... Other upgrades? Until then off to ride the other Duc... my Panigale R...
    [​IMG]

Thanks,
    JCB

• Like Like x 2
  2. To a regular 939 I would upgrade the suspension with an Ohlins set front and rear. Also a set of wheels, light ones and well would change the brake cylinder to brembo's or more performing if not changing the whole brakes if needed.

Oh........
    that is also called Hypermotard 939 SP! ;)

But yes, that is what I missed on my standard hyper and that was IMO very needed to change, fortunately for me I could get it in one purchase.

Also mirrors and LED's on the rear blinkers.

3. I hear ya! Loved the Marchesini Forged Al's on my old hyper and the ohlins suspenders.

But I was fortunate to get a killer price on the standard (matched demo price so I could get red) so stepped away from the SP...(difference was almost $5k USD which I know, I know, wheels and suspension cost that let alone the carbon) but wanted to stay reasonable on the initial costs...

Guess I can hope that the PaniR has all the bits to pacify me...for now.

4. I rode my hyper 821 over my 1299 when I had both. So sold both to buy a 939SP.

Haven't looked back.

5. Crap. Worried someone would say that. Hoping the PaniR doesn't get neglected...

6. I'm going to be in the same position as you - the Pani R will probably just be relegated to track use.

7. Hyper 1100 and z1000 get used 90% of the time between them and the rsv4 sits in the garage....ironically just about to be pulled to pieces for a valve check and then covered over til the weather starts getting warmer again...although its got one outing left on saturday for its MOT....

Do Not Sell My Personal Information