1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bad Accident Sam1199s In Calafat,spain

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Monners, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Hi Guys,
    I'm unfortunately the bearer of some very bad news. Sam1199s and myself have been in Calafat, Spain this weekend and Sam has had an accident. Sam being his usual thorough self has done a proper job of it and broke most of his ribs, punctured a lung and some very serious breaks to his back. Currently he is in intensive care in Barcelona and they are waiting for him to stabilise so they can operate after which he will probably return home when able to travel. The hospital is Vall d'Hebron in Barcelona which is reputed to be the best spinal hospital in Europe so he is in good hands. Rather than go into further detail on a public forum please get in touch with me via pm on here or Facebook ( david monaghan) and I can give you the low down. I am his personal PA just now to take a bit of pressure off his family so anything happening can go through me.

Sam has a great group of close friends around him and we are doing everything we can to help him and his family in such a difficult time. The bike has a fair bit of damage and Sam has said he would really love to rebuild it so we want to do that to give him a boost with what is likely to be a long recovery. From packing the bike yesterday I can see that most of the front end, tank, and much of the fairings are smashed. There's quite bad wheel damage but I'm hopeful this can be repaired. The main body including the engine and exhaust look ok fingers crossed. Once we get it stripped down I'll give a further update but in the mean time if there's anything anyone can help with then please do let me know. I have quite a lot of parts that I can contribute and we are going to have a whip around between us to raise some money, perhaps a funding page would be appropriate?

Sam is completely with it and able to chat to visitors but these are restricted because it's an intensive care ward but some of the guys have been doing FaceTime/Skype calls which have been really great as he's very happy to talk to people and have the contact despite the pain. He's not able to get onto a computer but we are relaying messages. I'm here until Wednesday night and his parents and girlfriend are also here or between here and the UK. Here's us doing our best sexy faces which as you can see are damn sexy.
    IMG_9621.JPG

#1 Monners, Feb 21, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
    • Thanks Thanks x 4
    • Love You Love You x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. I wish Sam the best and will be thinking of him and his family during this awful time.

He is a top bloke, I've had the privilege of meeting him one time and I'm certain he will bounce back from this.

Get well soon, Sam.

3. Wow, best wishes to both of you and his girlfiriend and family for a full and speedy recovery for him.

What a bummer - he looks amazingly bright though.

Let's hope the hospital and its surgeons are every bit as good as their reputation.

OR

4. dam... Not good news at all. Wish him all the best from me and I sincerely hope he has a speedy and full recovery.
    and you keep up the good work mate

5. Fuck a duck!!
    hope he gets what he needs, seems to be in the best place he can be.

6. Not good, but at least he can still tell the tale. Send him a GWS please.

What are the Spanish nurses like?????

• Like Like x 1
  7. hows the bike??

• Like Like x 1
  8. doc.jpg

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Nasty business - Hope he gets sorted soon.

10. GWS, how'd it happen?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Have to say being busted up and only in awakes was bad enough!! Hope the food it good!

12. Get well soon Sam.Best wishes for a speedy recovery.:upyeah:

13. get well soon is the bike salvagable ?

14. I dont know your friend but I am sure everybody here would wish him well and hope he makes a rapid recovery.

Regards Steve

• Like Like x 1
  15. Wish him a speedy recovery.

Once you figure out what the bike needs, put a list up, because a few of us have bits and pieces laying around.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Always sad news to hear of bad injuries after a bike accident, I do hope Sam makes a full recovery with the help of the surgeons, family and friends.

17. Really sorry to hear, all the best for a speedy recovery, Thinking of you Sam.

18. Sorry to hear this. GWS Sam :)

19. Speedy recovery and best wishes to Sam.
    Cheers, Keith.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information