1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Base Model Suspension Settings

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by nkibble, Oct 29, 2016.

1. I've finally gotten around to having the suspension tuned on my base DVT. It now feels more composed, and holds a much more accurate and tighter line.

I wish I'd done it from new.

If you've not had it done then I'd certainly recommend it. Best £30 I've spent on it!

If you're in the Midlands then I'd recommend using Nick at Road & Race Performance, in Meriden.

• Like Like x 2
  2. pleased you are sorted and happy... As a fellow Base model owner I would be interested as to exactly what was done with a view of something similar?

3. I didn't get a sheet with the settings, but I'll drop back in to get hold of them.

• Like Like x 1
  4. nice one sounds beneficial

5. Hi, did you end up getting those settings?

Cheers. Rick

6. Have you measured the sag figures for the front? Rider+bike and just the bike. And how many lines are showing in the preload screw if you don't mind me asking?

7. Hi and thanks for replying. The rear I've got 20mm ie the fifth line showing on the rear shock, the front has 4 rings showing. Ive taken everything (dampening) back to standard, the main difference was the rear rebound which was set at 2 clicks instead of 9, and not a lot of preload on the rear. Bike feels great in a corner but it's a bit nervous under brakes before turn in, a lot of dive. I suspect it needs a lot more compression dampening, and the springs are a bit light for my 88kgs. But I'll start off standard and work from there. If you have a setting that's has been worked on, it gives me something to try.

Cheers

Richard

8. I've ramped up my front compression by 3 clicks for normal riding & 4 clicks when I want it sportier still. Reduced dive considerably while retaining some comfort. Front rebound is pushed up 3 clicks. The front end feels a lot more planted in corners & long sweepers. Much more confidence.

9. Does anybody have a target for setting sag? The GS1200 recommends 35% of wheel travel while KTM recommends 32.5%. Ducati strangely has no recommendations for rider sag in the rear.

I've currently set it to 31% (51mm), and clearly that's too aggressive. Trying to avoid hit and trial. Any inputs will be appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

10. Rule of thumb is one third, so its in the region. Try 33 and see how that works :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. It worked wonderfully. Rider Sag is now set at 55MM (almost 32.5%) on my 2016 MTS1200. Given we use higher tyre pressures in India (for rough roads), it probably needed that additional play to make the suspension comfortable.

Will probably be helping a friend set up sag on his 1200S next week. Would be happy to share the results if it helps.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information