1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 Bbs!

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by yev, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Tried to start my bike this morning and it doesn't start and dash lit up like Christmas tree.

Engine warning light, gear position sensor ( and gear indicator box showing -) and big red sign BBS! In the middle.
    gear position sensor was replaced under warranty 3 months ago ( 3rd time)

Bike was fine when I comeback from work on Friday night and locked it in the garage Any ideas?

googled and looks like it maybe down to moisture in ECU , but not very clear where to look and what for?

2. It's likely to be the unit under the seat, which isn't the ECU as that's on the throttle side of the tank but is the unit that houses all the gyro's etc. Stu on here had an issue with his, exactly the same fault and it was water in the main connector to that unit. Simple ish fix I believe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Is your garage damp? Get the bike somewhere with a breeze. Get the rear seat cowl off and take the cover off the dda plug. Take the seat off and then just wait for a few hours see if it dries out.

Have a look at this thread for more info. If it clears up itself get some acf50 on the connectors.

2015 Ducati 1299 Panigale CAN LINE Internal Sensor Check Engine Light Error ABS Light - Ducati 1299 Forum

4. As Phil and Disco have said, if you have not had anything apart then it's almost definitely a bit of damp making a dodgy connection and the main BBS plug is the most likely culprit. There's only a limited amount of sensors/connectors on the Can bus, five or six I think; BBS, GPS, etc so you can check all the connections are ok without too much trouble. I had almost the same warnings as you when a pin on the GPS unit bent and was shorting a couple of the signal wires.

Just being pedantic but the BBS doesn't have gyros and stuff as far as I'm aware. It sits on the Can bus network and takes signals from the sensors such as the IMU (gyro in here?), GPS, etc and applies logic to them.

5. My mistake, I knew it wasn't the ECU and so assumed given its positioning that it had the gyro sensor in it, my bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. hi guys
    thank for advise.
    this morning i got to BBS box, unplugged the main plug, sprayed it with electric connector cleaner and dried it out with hair dryer. deffo no moisture once i finished.
    still didn't work, BBS!, gear sensor and engine warning lights are on.
    getting bike recovered tomorrow morning to dealer.
    using public transport for the last couple of days. not happy

7. I'm in West London and @Sam1199S is just outside london if you ever have anything you fancy a second eye looking at Yev. We're no mechanics and good at breaking stuff but have dealt with a lot of issues like this so might save you some hassle sometime.

8. thanks, mate . appreciate it . already got everything booked for tomorrow, so will stick with sending it to dealer, but for future i might pull you on this one!

9. i haven't looked in to connectors under the seat cowl , maybe that's where the problem is?

10. The Ducati Data Analyser plug is under there but it has a protective cover and not actually plugged into anything unless you have the DDA module in so pretty unlikely to be the culprit.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information