1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bell Pro Star Helmet

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by GunZenBomZ, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Ordered two helmets at Bike Stop | Motorcycle Clothing, Helmets, Boots & Gear but decided on only taking one. Quick glance at me gleefully mulling over buying both! Both are in solid matte black although the tracer silver carbon' look is very nice.

[​IMG]

Now in the process of learning how to disassemble & clean this £999 badboy. Also grabbed some dainese d-core thermo top&bottoms as I am so impressed with the dainese d-core tee kit, as its only going to get brutally cold at some-point I now have the full range.

[​IMG]

My helmets in carbon are (from left) Shark Evoline 3, two M5 limited edition 1954 jobbies. One with added conspicuity reflective tape for night-time riding & sun reflector. Far right a bell M6 race-red & foreground the latest tech' pro star. Comes with a 5-year warranty & a couple of visors are on route. One being the panovision transitions photochromic with eye watering price tag!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Used the helmet for two days now, it's certainly not an everyday riders helmet. The visor locks down in a lovely confident fashion giving proper security when riding fast. Though on slower casual speeds it doesn't allow much variants in opening heights. This is one thing that my bell experience has proved over & over (though this helmet is specifically a race-type bear in mind!). They can be fully open or partial open or closed, not open like say a one inch air flow gap. There is plenty of removable plastic panels & built in guide paths to move air into your mouth or up behind the visor. But having a sort of raised clicking visor position would be my preferred mechanism of choice.

The field of vision is something that having an inbuilt life-saver shoulder check autopilot on most manoeuvres, this almost removes the need as a much smaller neck twist is required. There is no shader facility & it came with a less snazzy bag than some of my other helmets came boxed with. I'm just glad to support a technology that will drip down too other brands & help riders sustain less damage in the event of an accident. I've already started personalizing it with covering the bell badges & will be making it glow with Lunaglow tape & reflective stuff over the coming weeks.

The dainese d-core thermo kit is something else all together from the tee-range that they do. It's almost to hot if you are manually doing lots of work. Using this kit for winter riding or a sport pursuit will my preference now. For roughly £80 for top&bottoms you will not be disappointed in buying this stuff!

#2 GunZenBomZ, Dec 19, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
  3. Why'd you need so many helmets when you only got one head?

4. Isn't that like saying why have you got a sky package if you only have one screen?:rolleyes:

5. I don't have sky either.

6. We live in the age of planned obsolescence or have you not been paying attention??!?!

7. But you do have a head though.. Right?

8. Yeah and one helmet.

9. If you want a second one; there are many outlets that provide upto date technology to keep the old grey matter squished together. Even super-markets now sell motorcycle garb! Go on,...treat yourself its diwali the indian new year!...no.... its the christian winter giving shite festival season.

I understand from girl-friends that you shouldn't own to much stuff & do follow a sort of buy one, throw/give one away policy now. But just one helmet is foreign to me! I have full face for winter days, open face for touring & summer. Strong race-spec ones for track-days & fast rideouts. Frankly its not my concern how you spend you're ill gotten gains because I am a product of a manipulative capitalist system!!!!1

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information