1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ben Spies replacement Michele Pirro, looks to improve at Misano

Discussion in 'Front Page Articles' started by mattmccabebrown, Sep 5, 2013.

1. With his confidence having received a knock at Silverstone, Michele Pirro hopes for renewed optimism heading to San Marino
    The forthcoming race at Misano, will see a continuation of Pirro’s substitution for Ben Spies in the Pramac squad; although the American was set to return at Indianapolis, he picked up new injuries in a highside accident.
    At Silverstone, Pirro raced to 12[SUP]th[/SUP] place but was frustrated to have finished one minute behind winner Jorge Lorenzo
    Michele Pirro
    "This morning I felt good with the bike, so it’s a shame that things went as they did. "I had found a good feeling but I had an unexpected fall. I had to use the second bike for the race and, with the different settings and the lost confidence following this morning’s crash, I had a slower pace again. Fortunately, from mid-race onwards, I moved up some positions and found a good rhythm. Thanks a lot to the team for preparing the bike for the race; I hope to do much better at Misano."
    At Silverstone, Pirro finished the 20-lap race directly behind Italian compatriot and teammate Andrea Iannone, with the latter still suffering from a shoulder injury.

from MotoGP.com

Do Not Sell My Personal Information