1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Excuses To Get Out On The Bike

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Madman, Mar 14, 2017.

1. When our first baby came along it was great as he`d sleep for 2 hours at a time, so id take that opportunity to go out on the bike for an hour, then next time he fell asleep the wife would take the opportunity to sleep for 3 hours.

The 2nd time around when our more recent baby arrived last year, things seem to have changed and now ive just not had any spare time to use the bikes since. Main difference being that once baby 1 fell asleep you could happily stick him in his cot and leave him, but baby 2 refuses to sleep anywhere except on either me or the wife during the day, so you end up trapped for hours. Of course, baby 1 who is now 3 years old knows this and happily will play up. Im looking forward to when baby 2 is a few years older then hopefully I can re-start my hobbies and get out on the bikes.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Agreed the going out for the day on the bike seams a long way off . But the little runs out for a biker seam to make all the difference to the day. Mrs said oh I forgot to get bread . Usually my response would be oh well get some next time . Now with little time to get out .. I'll get it and say the local shop didn't have any so I make a trip of it . Everyone's happy . Win win

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

3. Grab your lid girl! I'm buying lunch!

4. I'm in a very similar predicament. My solution has been to start commuting by bike. Not quite the same as a Sunday blast, but at least it's quality me time.

I'm also currently hoarding all my brownie points for a road trip to Monaco at the end of May :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. I've got Carole banging on the door at 7:30am waiting on me to get the bikes out. I need an excuse to stay in bed :Bag:. Andy

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Corrected for you.

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. I tried that one and got it wrong, it came out as .. " grab my helmet girl! I'm buying lunch."

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Ah, I have done something similar in order to get a bit of the speed buzz and last year I bought a 911 turbo which I use as my daily driver. Using it 90 miles a day for my daily commute certainly means I get to work with a smile on my face. :) Before I met the wife I did use the bikes for my commute, but I found I just didnt enjoy it as much as going out for a relaxing weekend thrash. But I have to admit that the idea did cross my head again last week, and would save on the mad mileage im piling on the 911.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information