1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Race Gloves

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Pablo Pirate, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Be interested in how you get on with the FIVE gloves, do like the look of them.

2. Another vote for gp pro's had mine for 5 years and are showing there age a little, so hoping Santa may bring me a pair of Five's

3. Yeah I've got three XL gp pro's and they're snug

But they're giving already which is good

4. Sadly mine haven't given enough which is why the Fives who do an XXL. Andy

5. here's the new kushis...

all dried out now though

quite sombre styling by some standards

IMG_20160910_142124.jpg

IMG_20160910_142132.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  6. Held Titan (I've got the pre-Evo ones) and Kushitani make the best race gloves afaik. Held are a bit better at protecting the outside edge of the hand and finger, GP6 Kushitani a bit better at protecting the back of the hand. I've still got 20+ year old Kushitanis I've crashed in a bunch of times that are still track usable, Kevlar stitching throughout helps.

A* GPs are shit relative to the above and those Knox things are dangerous.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. I've got about 20hours of track riding and one crash in a pair of these Held Titan Evo's now, and can't see me wanting anything else. Once broken in, they're very comfortable, give a really good grip feel and seem super protective, plus they wear well Screen Shot 2016-12-03 at 21.10.30.png
    291016_3000_cartagena.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. I've got GP pros, if I needed new ones I'd get racetechs. The step up from GP plus to GP pro felt significant, and the racetechs looks and feel great. The Dainese full metal D1s look epic too, the girl has the short versions and she loves them.

9. Just read this thread and thought I'd better tell you of my experience with the Five5 RFX1's for what it's worth.
    I crashed and Donny wearing some RFX1's and they didn't do well, the abrasion protection was OK but the stitching on the fingers fell apart exposing my finger tips....I was on the grass before serious damage was done so was lucky. I complained to Five5 direct who after seeing the damaged gloves offered a free replacement pair, fair play to them for good customer care.
    I bought the gloves because I thought for the price they offered good value and as good protection as the bigger named brands.........when they first arrived I thought they looked a bit cheap (just my opinion).
    I wouldn't touch em if doing regular track days, the inevitable will happen at some point and we all want to be protected.
    Go careful with your choices.

• Useful Useful x 2
  10. Hope your okay??

Well I did get the RFX1's. Only worn a few times and I found the fitment to be quite good. I did test them at Silverstone the other week, lowside on cold tyres - Slight scuffing on the abrasion protection, all stitching fine, however this was only about 40mph.

I would still like to try a set of the Held evo's but no dealers in the Southwest.

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. I would still like to try a set of the Held evo's but no dealers in the Southwest.[/QUOTE]
    Talk to Craig at Moto Rapido, as of this week (ish) they will be a Held retailer. I've ordered a pair of Titan Evos based on my experience with a pair of Ducati branded Held touring gloves. Andy

12. Cheers Andy.

Even Moto Rapido is 170 miles away

13. You must really hate your postman

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. I ordered my Held Titan's through sportbikeshop, and ordered a couple of pairs to find the fit, and returned the no good ones back.
    Free return postage too IIRC

15. Held Titans are tops!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. That's good to know. My Alpinestars GP Pros are getting on now and the Five version I bought last year have started to fall apart. I'm hoping that the Held gloves will be a lot better. Andy

17. I'd be interested to see some pictures of the Held and Knox Handroids after crashes if anyone has them? I think it's almost a complete waste of time listening to what people think of gloves or leathers if they have not crashed in them.

I'm yet to find a glove that lasts more than a couple of low sides or one big highside. I want to try a few more brands but would prefer to not test the highside part :) I've had three sets of Alpine Star GP Pros as I really like them but they only last one or two crashes. Last month I shelled out £300 for the top Dianese gloves as figured they might last longer and highsided first time out whilst racing last week and they have already gone through the palm in between the knuckles. Whilst it was a big crash I was only sliding for a short period of time before going onto the grass so I'm quite dissapointed in them (the D Air suits are awesome though but thats a different subject) The Alpinestars GP Pro do the same thing and usually go in the finger stitching as well. One make which I think I'm going to try again is the Racer brand from Germany as these have hard protection on both palm heels which none of the other do, but I can't remember if they have as much protection on the top of the hand as the Alpinestars and Dianese?

• Useful Useful x 1
  18. Well I have not not crashed in these Titans twice (just to prove I'm not a poof), 60-80MPH offs, once on each side and they look like this:
    (A* are shit as are Dyineasy)
    IMG_20170405_181208.jpg IMG_20170405_181140.jpg IMG_20170405_181130.jpg

• Useful Useful x 1
  19. Is that 'Stingray' leather? looks like it's hardly touched from crashing. I might have to take a look at these ones :)

20. Yeah, I got their leather EVO (or summat) race suit that has that stingray in the critical areas too, it's amazing stuff - especially when there's SasTec underneath it - wouldn't crash in anything else these days after having so-called top line gear explode like an old banana on impact.
    Also, having broken fingers and wrists too many times I stopped trying to use my hands as crash mats years ago, that helps a lot too :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information