1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Big Oil Leak!

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by no-way85, Jul 6, 2016.

1. if you manage to reduce the oil level to normal and it is still leaking like that, that is the time to worry.

2. Bike is back with dealer, they gave me a new Diavel as a loan bike as their 1299 was already out and the 959 wasn't available until Saturday.

They seemed suitably embarrassed and had the sales and service manager out with me getting the info. I'm expecting it to be looked at Saturday, Monday latest.

Fingers crossed!

3. Might be nice if you are happy with the service you receive, to name them as well......

• Like Like x 1
  4. Absolutely will!

5. Will double check mine as still in the garage with the fairing off but couldn't see anything last time. Only oil was on the silver end cap with nothing else obvious. I take it yours was easier to see on the engine and hugger?

6. Had a look and nothing on the engine. Looks like it's from where the chain lube gathers around the front sprocket. When it gets hot, it was baking in Germany, it looks like it runs down from the chain rubber at the bottom of the swing arm onto the exhaust. Hope yours is sorted.

7. Diavel? you will need to cross more than your fingers!

8. will they have put an extra litre of oil in in case it leaked then? :Banghead:

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Extra litre? Who says it's got an extra litre?

Assuming the bike is absolutely level, the picture shows the oil level fractionally above the top line. The difference from the top to the bottom line is about 300cc.
    Granted (if it's level) it's got a little too much in it but there's no way it's a litre over.

Also if it was over filled and pumping through the airbox, that would normally find its way through the over flow pipe that exits to the rear and right of the fan housing; which in this case it's not. It's dropping down onto the exhaust shield from above.

In either event, it's a really easy fix and if the dealer's tech has over filled it he's gonna feel a bit silly but everyone makes mistakes every now and again.

#29 Martin Ducati Glasgow, Jul 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Yeah, i'm not really sure what to make of it after riding 100 or so miles yesterday on it.

11. I was baffled by it for about 3 days then it all just clicked. If I had to choose another Ducati over my 1299 it would be that.

Got equal amounts of looks from ladies and local naughty boys.

12. I just went into the garage and I kind of looked at it in a WTF is it kind of way

I think I'm a little tall for it, my knees are slightly too high so affects the seating position.

I also think I've been trying to ride it like my 1299, might just have to slow things down, cruise around.

13. I'm sure the dealer will sort it out just fine. They've already gone the extra mile in lending you a decent premium bike and you had the attention of senior staff, so they're on it.

I'd take the opportunity to enjoy the diavel, as its still an awesome bike and riding other bikes is always great fun.

When you get your 1299 back, think how special it's going to feel. :sunglasses:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Yes! That's the way to look at it, can't wait to get it back already!

15. If you have any kids ask them what it looks like. My little lad went to nursery telling everyone Batman had lent me his bike.

16. I told my neighbour they lent me the batbike haha

17. Shameless plug

• Like Like x 1
  18. Good watch, you're right it does change direction incredibly well.

19. do you mean ratbike? :Vomit:

20. Just got a call from the ducati dealer and they said that the gasket for the rocker cover was slightly folded and didnt provide a perfect seal, so the more it was used the worse it became...

Should be sorted by Thursday.

• Like Like x 5
Do Not Sell My Personal Information