1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Big Oil Leak!

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by no-way85, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Which seals was the oil being forced out from?

2. I'm not 100% sure but I think it was coming from the engine case covers as the bolts were slightly loose from fitting crash sliders that use the same bolts. Possibly from the leak holes in the V but I couldn't tell without stripping it more and didn't want to lose track sessions. I took it to Snell Performance after getting back to get it hooked up to the computers and there were no warning codes or anything.

3. Hmmm...I'm not convinced tbh, sounds like typical dealer bull to me :rolleyes:

I don't think it would have made it out of the factory if it was leaking oil, I still recon the dealer has overfilled it and doesn't want to fess up.

Like many others on here, I've done the Ducati factory tour and I'm sure the internal quality checks would have not let this out of the door.
    The engines are tested once on a bench with an electric motor turning them ( no oil in ) and if the resistance on the electric motor is too high, the engine is sent back and re built to establish what's wrong with it, I know this has f.a. to do with oil leaks but its just one example of how thorough they are.

Once the engine's built into the bike, it's then run up on the dyno - with no fairings on - and a few vital settings are checked, if it was pissing oil out, it would have been picked up here.

The bikes actually leave the factory with no fairings on and the shipping agent puts the fairings on before despatch, once again, they wouldn't put the fairings on if there was oil all over the place.

But then again, I'm just a sceptical old git, I could be wrong....but I doubt it :Meh:

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. I'm going to quiz them extensively when I go to collect the bike. I want them to do the run in service FOC for the trouble and I'll be happy at that.

5. Who cares, if it's fixed then I wouldn't care what it was.

What's all this about Ducati not fitting fairings to bikes?!

6. Picked the bike back up on Saturday and she's riding beautifully now. They said they'd never seen a problem like it before but that everything was sorted.

I've not had the bike cut out since that first day either, so hopefully thats all of the gremlins gone! Fingers crossed.

• Like Like x 5
  7. So, the bike has been riding perfectly for the past month, i'm a happy boy.

Going to book the run in service in hopefully for next week and then the fun will really begin.

Got back from holiday this morning to find a package from Ducati Italy... Its not a big thing, but shows a very good level of customer service IMO.

20160820_113134.jpg

• Like Like x 11
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Well my coolant leak/water pump issue has raised its ugly head yet again after it being sorted under warranty.
    Issue is my warranty runs out in May, I'll get it sorted again before then, but if it goes again outside the warranty, should I have to pay for the same issue? There is obviously a design issue here yet there are loads of posts on this and Ducati don't seem to have it sorted....

9. The warranty repair will have a minimum guarantee period of 1 year even if the bike original warranty expires before then. Some parts have a 2 year guarantee. You need to discuss it with the dealer. Andy

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information