1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bike Drying

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by Rick B, Apr 16, 2017.

1. 28 yrs mate,,,,,But,, you can unplug these,

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. You'll have paid more than £240 for that one time then ;)

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. She may need more eggs in her diet :grin:

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. True,, we started out with a tub of Brilo and a feather duster so it has evolved ,,slightly

5. She wont even eat my two.....at easter time as well!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Only trouble with leaf blowers (apart from blowing cold air) is they have not intake filter so any grit or dust that gets sucked in is then blasted at your bike. Dedicated dryers blow filtered air.

Bike dryers are great if you're not fortunate enough to have a heated garage. The bike never has to be put away damp. Allowing a washed bike to dry in the sunshine on a warm day won't cause anything to rust but putting it away damp to sit and sweat in a cold garage or shed is like dipping it in sea water.

7. I got a vacuum cleaner for the garage from Homebase - it also has a blow function for drying the bike

Works a treat

8. I use a leaf blower.

9. I've a Brühl BD4380 professional dryer, it won't go over 25℃. Which means its safe to be extremely close & accidentally left running against a plastic surface.

10. I bought a cheap vac for £40 from Screwfix, for the money it has been fab. Sucks and blows (great for blow drying bikes), also sucks wet stuff.

Titan Vacuum

11. Best thing for drying bikes. Gobsmacked when you think the bike is dry how much water the bike is still holding. I got a Bruhl twin fan. Expensive but worth every penny. Even do the car with it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. My neighbours will think ive gone totally ocd if i get one of these...ive seen them running and think theyre great....i wash the car once a month and even then i get weird looks....at the end of the day its a case of "looking after your stuff" and your priorities...in stark contrast our new neighbours across the road have a fucked old astra (51 plate) i think....never been washed forever and the tappits rattling like a goodun....

Personally if that was my day to day car i dont think i would take my kids in it....i dont think its a case of money for them as they paid 480k for the house....not that, thats a problem, none of my business, its just their priorities....for most of my life ive never had any financial help as such so anything i buy, i look after, not just bikes but most aspects of my life. A dryer looks like a more thorough way and easier way of looking after stuff...sorry to wander off topic...

13. Any difference between these and an air gun on a compressor?

14. Air guns will work but you may need a filter on the compressor to remove the moisture that air lines give out,, I looked at that approach then thought screw it for the price of them pet dryers its not worth the hassle

15. Just used a bruhl power dryer for first time. Awesome bit of kit definitely recommend fir hard to reach bits

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. I have tried a compressor and a blow gun ( similar https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/2808098355...=9041107&device=c&campaignid=797783973&crdt=0)

But found after a while it tended to be blowing moisture further into the bike. So I just surfaced washed it after a shitty ride or once every couple of weeks and then do a full panel off and clean at the end of the season and again at the beginning? Sometimes people over think such things.

17. I use a leaf blower.

18. I got caught yesterday using wifeys new dyson hairdryer in garage. I was only removing stomp grips but she wasn't too happy about it. Fortunately I'd just finished.

• Like Like x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Got caught once cleaning parts in the dishwasher

• Like Like x 1
  20. Had to buy the "house" a new hover after using in the garage.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information