1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bike Washing Product

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by Brakes508, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Ohhhh I can do cake too.....
    I have some stone chips on bonnet that need dealing with and probably could just update my handy work

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  2. enhancement detail example on a vehicle...before and after

DSC_0011.JPG

DSC_0013.JPG

DSC_0034.JPG

3. you threw that one in hun! lol...

• Like Like x 1

4. Ooooo was about to ask where you got my car from :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Rob put your claybar down for a sec..

Do you rate diamondbrite from ultimate paint protection?

6. IMHO...NO....Diamondbrite, Supaguard, Lifeshine...etc.....these are invariably add on sales for car dealers as its easy money...£300 min from most dealers.....they apply the product to a whole vehicle in 30-50 mins and claim a ' lifetime ' of protection....in fact the above products only last for 2-3 weeks as they are poorly applied....and the customer invariably washes their whole vehicle including wheels with a sponge and one bucket of water....I do new car details and it takes me approx 9 hours to complete. In fact my next door neighbour asked me to look at his newly purchased vehicle as he was so taken with it...he said it had Autoglym Lifeshine applied....i tested the vehicle and NO lifeshine was present...he went to the dealer and they admitted to him they had not done it yet charged him.....these products are the biggest money earners for car dealerships....

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I happen to know someone in this game & his employee's say the same. It's a pure earner for the boss & work for the minions & results in a good looking vehicle for a couple of months. Just checking which end of the industry you were coming from. Sorry but I did have a hidden agenda although you've pasted the test!

• WTF WTF x 1
  8. so I passed ' YOUR ' test?......PMSL..

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. I've had a bottle of that bilt Hamber Surfex hd on the go for a few years. Mostly use it 50:50 on all the unpainted grubby bits. No complaints.

What do you use in place of a sponge rob?

10. LOL.....you'll only ever see me use a sponge for washing the dishes...best wash medium by far is the 'DOOKA OSHA' pad...If you want a synthetic wash medium then ' INCREDIMITT '.....

11. Sponge!!!!!! Wash your mouth out :Wideyed:

12. Heyyyyyy!!! I didn't say I use a sponge, I wondered what the preferred alternative was. I've got a microfibre spaghetti mitt that doubles as a green monster paw for chasing the kids around with :grinning:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. WD40 for everything!

14. Yeah those life shine diamond brights are crap in my opinion.

I've always spent a day or two on any new purchase prepping it. My 1299 has either dodo juice or auto finesse canuaba hard wax depending what I'm in the mood for. The deep shine and gloss you get is worth it alone!

IMG_1384.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  15. I use Costco's turtle wax, £15 for 25ltrs. Absolute bargain if you was your bikes and cars regular. One normally last me 12 months. Gives great results too. turtlewax.jpg

16. You saved me a job explaining....the new EXOv3 does require a higher temp to bond correctly...i.e....its not the time of year to do this outside or in your garage yet....it also needs to stay dry for 12 hours after application and as with all these coatings a full decontamination before application will help the serum to bond....if you have an IR dryer then the ' curing ' time is 10 mins.....best towels on market are from Fecks Philosophy & Rag Master

17. If you want a ph neutral shampoo, johnsons baby shampoo.
    Having been a concourse judge a lot of the cars I've certified have all used it.
    Safe for a babies arse, safe for a rare car...
    Whole industry out there of fools buying into "wonder" products...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. If that's true that's hilarious lol

• Like Like x 1
  19. Baby Shampoo is formulated for skin....it will leave some oils for moisturising & conditioning... it wont remove road film and the general grease, oil etc that vehicles pick up day to day on the road i.e daily drivers.....I suppose it would be OK for ' Cherished ' vehicles , that hardly get driven and are washed very regularly or have slight surface contaminants from storage........

Do Not Sell My Personal Information