1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bikes You Should Have Bought

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Wassy, Dec 31, 2016.

1. A genuine lucky strike 8k miles rg500 I sold for £1500 when I was 18 ffs. And the Zx7rr I didn't buy for 2.5k :rage:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  2. Bloody hell

3. Was offered Fogarty's 888 for 6000, and a fully restored Ferrari Dino for 8000. Didn't buy either

• WTF WTF x 1
  4. I wouldn't ever admit that again if I was you. Happy new yr mate.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. In the late 70's I was a partner in a car pitch near Heathrow airport.We used to get Aussie Quantas pilots in buying Stags,TR 6's,Elans etc cos they were RHD and could be got into Australia at a low or no import tax.They could double and sometimes triple their money - even after shipping! I remember selling a yellow very badly painted Dino Coupe for about £6500! Not a nice example but for no money!

6. i was offered a GSXR750RR and an RC30 back in the day and i said no.......arghh

7. I was offered a Ducati 750ss round case model for £500 couldn't afford it as I was getting married should have cancelled the wedding and bought the bike
    In 1970 I had the chance to buy a 1965 pre-unit Bonneville for £200 there now fetching
    £12k

8. all this talk has just got me seeing what people are asking for zxr750 h1 glad still got it and got it for 500 note sweet

9. You live and learn and hopefully grow up.x

10. Late '80s a mate offered to swap a factory RG500 for my TZ350 and I said no coz it would be too pricey to run. Still got the TZ and it's made me loads, I paid £900 for it in '82 and then bought a pair of campags fo £120, but will always wish I had got the RG

11. The Dino I was offered was up for around 50000 a few years later

12. I should guess that the "yellow peril" - as we called it expired in Australia in the late 80's? Unless an Aussie with money to burn set about a total restoration? I think it was beyond that by then!

13. Now you're reduced to selling shit-box Volvo's on here. Where did it all go wrong?

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. A 9000 km Paul Smart for $8000.00 in 2007, it was immaculate with Termi's, full service history, but I thought it was a bit big for me as a returning rider, TWAT !!!

15. I wish I had bought the Laverda 750s formula offered to me over 15 years ago.
    I still search the net for them now.
    The one I went to buy had a small oil leak, but this was reflected in the price at the time. Well , I tried to convince myself it was a minor oil leak:angry: and Italian character.

I also hanker after a kawasaki z650, not the more desirable Z1000.A neighbour of mine owned one when I was a lad.I used to drool over it parked up and loved the sound each morning when he started it up.

Think I'll have a quick Internet search now again before my wife gets up.:smiley:....Happy new year all.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Biggest and only real biking regret was selling my grandads Vincent Black Shadow not goning to even say how much for, 20yrs later still hate thinking about it!!!

17. z650's used to be everywhere when I started biking. I did like the look of them.

I remember coming out of a shop and standing near a guy trying to start his z650. His mate absolutely collapsed with laughter after every kick and exclaimed, "It's Sooty!". I have never hear a bike sound like that, before or since.

18. I'm never selling a bike again after reading this thread. :Nailbiting:

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. Doh.

20. was so close to buying a RD500 lC in marlborough colours brand new for trade price when it was first launched but opted for a Kantana 650 instead ....oh dear

walked away from mint 916 biposta for 4 grand as insurance was too much ..doh

Do Not Sell My Personal Information