1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bite Point On A 696 Monster

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by FlowWolf, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Newbie Altert!

Hi there,

I've just this week passed my licence and today I was finally off and about on my 696 Monster(2014). The bike is everything I hoped it would be with just one problem. As a female with tiny hands I'm having real problems with the biting point on the clutch as it's at the very end of my reach. The bike has the stock levers on it and I've adjusted the lever itself so it's pulled in to the closest position and the bite point is still too far away. As a result of this I'm pulling away far too slowly and I'm sure eventually someone is going to rear end me.

I've searched the users manaual and youtube to find how I can adjust the biting point with no luck and I've seached this forum and have only found posts involving a change in lever.

Can anyone help or point me towards a youtube video I may have missed?

Thank you in advance!

2. The bite point isn't adjustable. Swapping the levers for reach adjustable ones is your best option.

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Oh that's such a shame. Thanks for letting me know before I spent much longer trying to do something impossible.

4. Hi Derek what levers are these ?

5. They are Chinese ones that I bought off eBay. They do the job perfectly well.

6. great do they fit the 2009 696 with brembo master cylinders as the ones I found only went up to 2007
    thanks

7. There certainly should be ones available to fit your bike. Your bike has the same fitting as the older SS, Monster, 748/9*6 and ST models.
    Despite the picture, which is probably generic, these ones should fit your bike.

8. Happy to help :upyeah:

9. I have those on my 999. Work perfectly and actually look more in keeping than the oem Brembo
    Levers, which are really ungainly

10. next time it wont be long before i break one. cheers iain

• Like Like x 1
  11. 85A4BDB1-CBD4-4F0A-A4D3-9F0C3B19A764.jpeg
    I’ve got ASV, pazzo, and CNC racing levers on my bikes. I like the ASV ones the best, but they all do the job just fine.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information