1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bluetooth Helmet Comms Review

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by bradders, Jun 8, 2015.

1. cheap alternative to the Sena s of this world.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=281022956234

Bought one of these a few weeks ago and didnt really get chance to use on the Euro weekend as I busted a speaker wire on proper fitting (lack of patience plus stuck wire equals oh shite!)

Anyway, bought a second set of speakers off fleabay and first chance to use tonight.

Conditions:
    130 mile round trip, just used for nav using google, quite windy and speeds possibly around 3figs
    Fitted so that the speakers are next to my ear and not behind a pad
    Soft earplugs snugly fitted
    Max volume

Outcome:
    Up 80 crystal clear, even tho voice nav only came into one ear (assume google doesnt broadcast in stereo?!)
    90 steer fairly clear
    Bit more and you could hear it...

Verdict:
    Easy to use, not feature packed but vol up/down is easy and I know from my first test the toggle feature on music works well, press button for intercom (not tested) is easy to locate and use, reckon taking a call/switchng functions between call and music is an easy press of big button, sound is clear enough to use just sound and no screen for nav upto good touring speeds

Next if find some soft foam to cover the speakers so its not hard plastic although after a few miles you cant feel them

For the money, can only be recomended! :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. At £28.49 that might be worth a go :upyeah:

3. Try repositioning the speakers - if you're only getting sound in one ear move the speaker that isn't "working" to the same position as the one that is. I found that if they are too high or low (by only 10mm) then it really dampens the volume out of that speaker and makes it sound like it's unbalanced.

Of course, you may also want to check that the balance on your phone output is level and also that the headset cable connector is pushed home correctly!

I also found that turning up the phone to just one notch off full volume gives much better output control on the headset. My iphone sometimes sets the volume at halfway (I think it remembers the last set position from the headset) and so at "max" volume on the headset it's not very loud.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. I bought similar headset, works pretty well for the price, only thing is it's reminded me how noisy my shark helmet is, it's cost me 250 quid for a new shoei....

5. I bought the same one as Paul ( Bradders) mentioned.

Chuffed to bits, works perfectly, very easy to use, and for a change very good instructions in plain English.

• Like Like x 1
  6. What more do you need?
    Ideal...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information