1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bmw Helmets

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Gimlet, Mar 11, 2017.

1. Went into a BMW dealer today as a last resort in the search for a replacement for my GT Air which will fit my head. The Shoei is very comfortable but its been driving me mad for ages with misting and a visor that's constantly shifting out of alignment so the locking tab don't locate and it leaks and whistles.

Hoped they might have some Schuberths as they make Motorrad lids but they only had BMW. Tried on a Race out of politeness and actually I really liked it. Exceptionally light and very comfortable. And in matt black there's only a srick-on BMW logo on the back which is easily removed.
    Not the funkiest looking lid but definitely quality. I'm seriously tempted.
    Just wondering, is it an exclusive BMW helmet of just a rebadged Schuberth at a higher price?

[​IMG]

2. Mmmmm doesn't look like a standard Schuberth offering, maybe exclusive to BMW, I have a C3 Pro and use it when 2 up , comfortable and relatively quiet. Never had a problem with it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I don't like flip-fronts. They did have the BMW version which I tried but couldn't get on with. Handling the two side by side the Sport was dramatically lighter as well.

I might wait til the new Schuberth R2 is available locally to try on - and the S2 Sport. Overall there are a lot of differences between the BMW and current Schuberths but the visor design appears to be the same and the visor's the crucial factor for me. I'm not going back to a Shoei.
    Schuberths always feel tight to me. My usual L size in any Shuberth is just too small but going up to XL is a fraction too slack and the helmet looks massive. The BMW Sport was snug but comfortable. It isn't cheap though..

4. Another happy C3 Pro owner here, but I know that it is not to everyones taste because it has to be heavier for the flip front stuff. If you fit an integrated Sena 10U bike to bike intercom to it is is a fantastic helmet but a little bit heavier again.
    Would never buy a black helmet due to the heat inside, always buy white or silver.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information