1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bought It Friday, First Service On Saturday, Track Day On Tuesday.......

Discussion in 'Diavel & XDiavel' started by DavidD, Jun 4, 2016.

1. I picked up my new XDiavel S last Friday, knowing that I had a Ducati track day booked on the following Tuesday. So 600 miles had to be done before the first service mid morning on Saturday. A little bit crazy, but there you go.

So after 1000 miles in a week including a track day, what can I say about the XDiavel? How about; incredible, mean looking and beautiful.

Positives are the acceleration, the torque, the styling, comfort and its rarity. The only negative is the suspension, which can be a bit jarring on our potholed roads. But checking that it had the correct tyre pressures alleviated that somewhat. I am even getting used to the feet forward position, which is surprising.

Still waiting for some of the accessories, but they will be arriving in the next few weeks. Really happy with my choice and can't recommend it enough :grinning::thumbsup:

1RR_5070 copy.JPG

1RR_5626 copy.JPG

2RR_8769 copy.JPG

1RR_4929 copy.JPG

• Like Like x 13
  2. Feet forward is just wrong. It'd be a half decent bike with normal peg positioning.

3. IMG_7382.JPG Hello everyone, I recently bought an Xdiavel and enjoy it like no other bike before.
    I love the feet forward pegs, I think it looks so much better , so much more comfortable. Although I agree it takes getting used to.
    Done 700 miles already and just waiting for Thursday for when I finally get my suspension reviewed.
    It's far too stiff and rigid, probably designed for the America market with an American in mind as a customer.
    The average size in USA for a male is 16 Stone. Once the suspension is calibrated I will enjoy it far more.

4. I have to take that comment back. I've since ridden one, feet forward too, and it's a brilliant bike. Only took twenty minutes to get used to it. :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. How brilliant...Worth parting with an 899 or 748R for :neutral:

6. I bought the 959 (with an Anniversario paint job, and AR can cos it's very pretty) instead but it was touch and go.

I can see me buying one in the future though.

7. Yeah I hear ya. I didn't like the Diavel at first but its grown on me over time, I've sat on one a few times and its made a huge impression on me. I think I need to go test ride one....I'd just struggle to part with what I already have...I think the 748R would be the first to go but I'm damn sure I'd kick myself later on

8. I've test ridden both the Diavel and the XDiavel. Completely different bikes. But both very good bikes.

You have to ride the Diavel like a sports bike for it to make sense. It's a beast! And the Xdiavel can be ridden a little more leisurely, but with bags of poke and excellent handling if you want to ride it more sportily.

Try them. You'll be surprised.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information