1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

749 Brake Pad Advice 749r

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by AirCon, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Recently picked up a 749R that needs new brake pads all round. Fag paper thin, back was on all the time, but it had been sat around. Any advice on fast road and slow track day pads....make and part number. Thanks all.

2. Brembo SCs, quick to warm up, good bite, no noticeable fade so ideal for the sportier rider. Not the cheapest but they work for me on both the 853 and 1098R. If I had M4 calipers on the Multistrada, I'd have them on it as well. Andy

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. I use Bendix MRR on my similar spec 749R.

4. BENDIX 262-MRR ROAD RACE RACING TRACK DAY FRONT BRAKE PADS DUCATI 749R 2004
    For £70...just ordered...thanks

• Like Like x 1
  5. Similar spec......:Stop:
    I thought mine was unique :Shamefullyembarrased::Sorry: :Smuggrin:

6. Similar...mine's a track bike so no lights, track fairings. Engine spec the same as yours.
    Lovely!

BTW: don't let those pads wear too thin as they can get spat out of the caliper (happened to me, nasty business!).

R

• WTF WTF x 1
  7. Never had that problem with Brembos :Bag: :D. Andy

8. The nearside set are Wafer thin.....

9. Wafer thin you say.....I did do three days at Valencia ;-) The Brembo pads were great btw - really consistent and I used race brake fluid for better feel and no fade - you should try it

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. Not my words, but Snell.....when comparing the old with new I'd say half worn....and I'm being generous to Snell.

The back one was very bad, but I think you warned me about that?

11. Damn....I've just seen the date....I've had the bike a month and still not out on it.
    Now ready for the MOT.

Brake pads (only back set needed replacement).
    Gear selector arm (tiny hairline crack).
    Rear brake switch (sticky).

12. Got to be trackday time soon!!

You will love it :)

That engine is great

You have tyre warmer now so slicks sc1/sc2 mmmm

Do Not Sell My Personal Information