1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brands Hatch 15/16 October 2016 Spoiler Alert

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Android853sp, Oct 15, 2016.

1. Well it all happened today ! Qualifying 1, the usual suspects. Qualifying 2 Leon Haslam has a huge step off after the right hand handlebar breaks and ends up 17th. Qualifying 3 and it rains. Shakey tries to qualify on a slick and is unable to capitalise on Leon's misfortune. Race 1, red flagged for an horrendous accident, 5 riders fall off in 3 separate incidents. Race 1 start 2 gets red flagged for rain. Race1 start 3 declared a wet race and Haslam highsides all on his own coming down from Druids. Shakey has a 3rd mare of a start and is mired in 8th until attrition leaves 14 riders still standing and Shakey finishes 6th and 27 points to the good for the 2 races tomorrow. Haslam declared fit although bashed and bruised. Weather looks shit for both races tomorrow - game on. Unsure of what will happen to the tri options cup as it's too late and too dark to race. Hopefully cram it into the race card tomorrow. Bar then bed for an early start and an exciting day. Andy

• Like Like x 2
  2. Just finished watching on catch up.

Brad Ray did awesome job, shame he as knocked off at Assen or he'd still be in with a longshot.

BSB ended up being a bit of a farce alas.

But shit on a stick, how lucky was Parkes and how unlucky was the Dr that got clobbered by the flying bike as it exited the circuit thru the bush!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Carole is having second thoughts about training as a Dickies Track Safe marshall after that incident :eek:. Andy

4. That Hawthornes shunt was mega!

5. Did anyone pick up on the JG Speedfit claim that Shakey's fuel tank was illegal ? We watched the petrol tank from the stock 1299 Panigale outside the Ducati hospitality tent being removed and handed to an official (obvious now for comparison). Thrown out by the stewards but sour grapes or childish or what ? Andy

#5 Android853sp, Oct 15, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
  6. Wait til you see the interview (if you've recorded it) with Bird and where Whitman says it's clutching at straws lol

7. Saw the interview and then ran in to Mr Whitam in the hotel bar. Sadly our conversation got highjacked by a hanger on before I could ask the question. Andy

8. Name dropper ;)

That fella who runs the kwak outfit has been making noises about PBM since mid way thru the year. Special treatment, illegal parts etc

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Believe me, no-one was more surprised than me when he said hello at the bar. We've been running into him at breakfast over the Brands weekend for the last 3 or 4 years. Just lucky I guess :D. Andy

10. You been on any of his Trackdays yet? Quite fancy one.

11. To be fair Paul bird is dodgy as fuck however the jg boys just sound desperate

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. He must be off the coke, looked slightly less bloated today;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. No. Who does he do them with ? Andy

14. BBC weather saying dry from 11ish on.
    Decided to watch from couch now. GF doing brunch and fosters in fridge.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Awful start to the day weather wise but a great day of racing. Just got back to the hotel having had far too much to drink in hospitality with the whole evening still ahead. Rumour has it, the beers are on Paul Bird :upyeah:. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  16. Awesome

Glad kiyo is smiling again !

Met shakey a fair few times and he's always been a top top guy, deserving champion!

Next year is shaping up to be great

17. Really great to see Kyo scrapping at the sharp end even if it was the last race of the season. Great results for Hopper and Ellison as well. Hoping to see a few riders in the bar later. That is if I don't fall asleep on the bed first. Andy

18. Great to see Ducati win its first proper championship for ages.
    Is it the first pukka championship win for the Pani?

How long did that take - 4 years?
    Compare to 916, 996, 998, 999, 1098 - does anybody know how long it took them to win a championship?

Still, great win for Shakey, well deserved!

19. Yes pani took 4 years to win a national championship. I didnt think it would do as well as it did. I was expecting a few podiums with it possibly being sorted for the shootout. Tbf moto rapido weren't getting much help from the factory in the 3 years prior, also 1 rider team most of the time.
    Almost all the belt and frame ducati's have won wsb and bsb championships straight out the box. A lot with equal size motors.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information