1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

899 Brands Noise Testing

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Liverandbacon, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Was at Brands first week of April 2016 and failed the static noise test repeatedly. Termi slip ons fitted and db killers in but failed repeatedly. They used to go easy on us at Brands as we'd always pass the drive by but there were 5 of us that day who they wouldn't let ride. This is getting silly now. MSV seem to just be giving up and waiting until the developers offer them enough money to build some more flats on the land. I'm at a loss as to how to make this bike quiet enough to use it for what I bought it for and I despair at the excessiveness singling us out. I'm trying to create, with Pipewerx's, help some quieter DB killers but failing that I just need a different bike. We are booked for the GP circuit in a few weeks time (booked before this debacle) where the limits are lower. Hope I'm not sitting that one out too!!

2. So my fears are confirmed. Writing was on the wall when Ducati had to cancel their planned track day run by CSS because the noise limit was too low for the majority of bikes to pass. In conversation recently, one reason could be that MSV are trying to get more race days so there will be fewer noisy days available for track days. Rumour has it, with Brits doing so well in the WSB, Palmer wants the WSB back at Brands. Andy

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Just passed oulton last week 104 at 6000 revs tried again at 5000 102 so got in

4. Whats the std silencer like, I never heard mine with the stock system it just arrived in a box with the bike with terms fitted,

5. Damn near the same as the Termi cans with the baffles out but a little less bass.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Done a few days at Brands they must of just not liked your termis because they always let me through at 107+db's on my standard cans.

Knowing the inner working of brands pretty well having been around the place all my life and instructed their I know that the circuit has a clause in it that it can't be used for anything other than sporting events and not development. So I doubt that seeing as it's probably one of the most successful circuits in the uk.

7. What bike/can?

8. 899 termi's with dB in

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Is it because you have the standard cans on?? I read somewhere (probably on here) that the "agreement" to let Pani's on when they fail only applies to standard cans and not Termis et al...?? .

10. Could be mate

11. What db's were you pumping out? My 1199 with termi's was 104db. I am pretty sure the limit on the Indy circuit used to be 105 but I notice its now advertised at 102db??

The sound tester guy was genuinely trying to get me on track and made a few suggestions - get the bike really hot, clutch in and lean it over as far as you dare....

12. slight change of subject but do you know why they dont have WSB there anymore?

13. Politics between Palmer and FG sport from memory.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. thats a shame was hoping they might be able to nick monza's empty slot off them :(

why does british motorsport shoot itself in the foot so many times?

15. It may well do. FG sport aren't in charge anymore so anything can happen.

16. So any one going to brands soon if so update this as would like to know the outcome as It will decide what tracks I plan to miss this year

• Like Like x 1
  17. I was hovering around the same value about 104 to 105 with DB killers in. They are now 102 on the Indy circuit and whereas, in the past, they would be lenient on the static test this time (my first time this year I might add) they would not budge and stopped 5 of us getting on to even see whether we tripped the drive by. One or two got in later in the day, by hook or by crook and no black flag! I understand that they want to get on with their neighbours and the drive by test does that. Screaming around at 120 doesn't make any friends. However, no one on the day failed the drive by and a lot of, not just twins, fours as well, got told to fit baffles or go back twice for another test. There was a guy with standard cans on allowed on, but he was probably louder than me with the DB killers in if my standard cans were anything to go by. Maybe termi should stamp "Not even for use on closed circuits" on the side of their cans.

18. 899 wit
    h termi slip ons and up map. Standard upgrade from dealership.

19. Standard can issue. Had the same a few tims at snett. No baffle, no ride, regardless of the outcome...

20. But these failures are with baffles... So fully road legal. Rules are rules I guess.

I've got 2 days at Cadwell in June, hoping to pass otherwise it's going to be a MASSIVE wasted trip

Do Not Sell My Personal Information