1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bridgestone End Production Of Bt01

Discussion in 'D16 Desmosedici RR' started by Dave, Dec 20, 2014.

1. I've just heard via the Desmosedici Riders Club that Bridgestone have stopped production of the BT01. Anyone heard the same from elsewhere?

DRC have got a good deal on Oz wheels if anyone is interested (EU only) ...

1500 euros the pair forged alloy (Model PIEGA ) Retail price: 2080th
    Single rear : 990 euros

2790 Magnesium ( CATTIVA ) Retail price 3525th
    Rear only 1580 euros

Price with Luxembourg VAT and without shippement ( UE only )

TO ORDER BEFORE 26/12

OZ Racing

Contact us by mail [email protected] or Wants at [email protected]

#1 Dave, Dec 20, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
  2. Are there any alternatives?

3. Nope - not for tyres to fit the standard rear wheel. 17" rear is the only option. There are obviously lots of alternatives to Oz for these (e.g. I have BSTs) but the prices above are very good and Oz have a very good reputation.

4. If it's true, then it's disgraceful that that you can no longer buy tyres for the standard wheels just a few years after production ended.

5. Its just a 6 inch rim isnt it? Assume the issue is 16.5 inch wheels...dont other brands make them?

6. It's a 16" rear, not 16.5"

The specially designed Bridgestone BT01 is the only tyre that will fit

7. Postlethwaite Horologicals of Islington will convert your Desmosedici wheel into an attractive wall clock.

wheel.final.jpg

8. Very good :)

I think 6, 7 and 8 o'clock should all probably say "top-up oil" :upyeah:

9. I'll probably go for BST carbons, I hear good things.

10. That's shocking news on the tyres.
    If no alternative becomes available you'd think Ducati would allow a swap to, or limited cost, 17 inch wheel option.

11. Hi Guys and Gals,
    You can get the rear tyre from Dunlop for the Desmo.

12. First I've heard of it, and I can't find anything on the Dunlop website. I have a 17" rear but just out of interest can you share a link or any more details?

13. Was in my dealer today and asked him to price a 16" Bridgestone BT-01. He said they were available and could get one with no problem.

14. I guess they still have stock but aren't making any new ones. It's no great loss. They are pants. They really weren't that good even when they came out way back in 2008. Today they are seriously lacking compared to modern rubber.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information