1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bsb 2017 - Riders...

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by bradders, Oct 31, 2016.

1. From the WSBK coverage, seems half the paddock are rumoured to be landing in BSB next year! well at least 3 anyway...

Guintoli - Honda or Tyco replace Iddon?
    Brookes - Back on a Yamaha?
    Giuliano - Ducati?

Giuliano will be a really iterating one, on a Ducati at PBM or (here's a laugh) on the Motorapido bike supported by the factory for a change....

2. Love that the Panigale is doing the business now :) Hopefully some of the lessons learnt by Shakey and co will be picked up by other teams in some way to make the bikes work. It's pretty cool that they got it working well without electronics.

3. Yes, you wonder what they have vs MR tho, given its the exact same electronics package. Can only assume its a combined minds thing; larger team, more ideas, factory support where MR get a bit of info from factory but mostly its down to one/two people

4. /\ money! Birdy has loads of it. As well as the factory support.

I did wonder if Brooke's will end up with Tommy Hill?

5. Contraband in the tank helps..

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. I spoke with Wilf and said he needs hopper back on the bike as he was awesome on it and he said 'working on it' but of course money talks and he was likely just joking as he wouldn't have told me his plans. From what I understand the Yamaha team are struggling with a serious lack of power which has held them back, so a few teams need help next year to get up the sharp end but it's hard to see past birdies lot!

Interesting shakey said he is announcing something in MCN on wed now that the WSBK season is over, if it's that he is staying in that team then it is a massive over exaggeration as we all know he will stay there!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. I reckon it's either he's going wsbk (unlikely) or big name team mate

8. I thought though that Irwin was confirmed after having had a good year?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Yeah pretty sure Irwin was supposed to be staying?

It'll be interesting next year because there's a hell of a lot of riders available of very good quality!

That R1 seems to have been a bit of a flop .....

10. Didn't Brookes win the title with it two years ago?

11. Yep!

But they've not done a lot else before or since from what I've seen.

Road racing, bsb, wsbk?

Just seems to have been a bit of a flop from the outside..

12. Byrne BSB shock. Headline on mcn tomorrow. Perhaps he's retiring?

13. I don't think it'll be that.

I have wondered whether it'll be wsbk?

Come to think of it, who's on the second factory Ducati next year?

14. Why would he? Unless its a big pay day, he's fairly certain top 3 BSB whoever in it. WSBK top 5 maybe, with the right package. Leon gave him a real run this year, and only just top 10 last year.

15. Who knows...

He's a likeable guy, and very successful.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. I'm a fan. He always seems exactly like he was 20 yrs ago on Fast Bikes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Met him loads of times and always been a pleasure.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Too old to go to wsb surely so another team or retire?

19. Maybe he's going to do Tri Options as well, became two title holder in a year challenge? Or start from the back of the grid every round... LOL

20. It's on Twatter, bird reckons guigliano is going to tyco, so that's one spot gone from under guinters and brooks... there aren't that many bikes left it doesn't seem

Do Not Sell My Personal Information