1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BST Carbon Wheels

Discussion in 'D16 Desmosedici RR' started by Robarano, Nov 16, 2013.

1. They look absolutely stunning! Congrats!

2. Absolutely,the bench looks good too,could I ask what make please

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Thank you

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Looking good...if ever there was a reason to buy some lovely Brembo Supersport discs...

If I had a Desmo, an impact wrench/gun wouldn't go within a mile of it!

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. The rear wheel spindle nut only really. I had to use it on the rear disc bolts too, they were a bugger to get out.

I usually use mink lined sockets and sprinkle them with powdered saffron before using them on the bike. :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Billet front calipers would look great with the BST's - I know a guy who has a pair of new ones for sale :eek:

7. Thanks @jusutus I saw you had those for sale. The standard Desmo set up is more than enough to throw me over the bars as it is. :Nailbiting:

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. That's what I thought.... eeeeek.....

• Like Like x 1
  9. Did you get the get the BST arm from HPS Paul? I've fancied one for the 1098R for a while, but they are pricey. :(

10. The wheels look great Rob, shame Mr Harwood hasn't got back in touch with me after his recent holiday. But then again hopefully blackstone-tek are making a tool for the enduro&950 size wheels. Time will tell

11. Tyres fitted this afternoon and the wheels back in the bike. :)

IMG_5061.JPG
    IMG_5065.JPG
    IMG_5070.JPG
    IMG_5062.JPG

• Like Like x 13
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Bloody gorgeous! Can I pinch that last pic for my laptop wallpaper?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ha ha. Feel free Jim. Here are a couple of nicer ones though. :upyeah:

IMG_4207.JPG

IMG_0904.JPG

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. @Robarano Which brand is the sprocket? :hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

[​IMG]

15. Yes mate, and yeah they ain't cheap! Absolutely beautiful though. I fitted 520 gauge Renthal chain and sprockets with mine. Because the swingarm is 15mm longer you generally need a new/longer chain.
    I think I had to wait 6-8 weeks for delivery after ordering because they are built to order. HPS were great though, keeping me updated regularly.
    Does it make a difference? Hmmm, not sure. The fact it's a wee bit longer must help the front pawing the air on the gas. Still wheelies for fun on the gas in 2nd and 3rd though. I'm sure a riding God would eek an advantage from it, but me? Nah, don't think so.
    But they look dead cool and people want to touch me when they see it. And that's very important!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Gorgeous machine that! My all time fave exotica! And the sound is amazing.

17. It's a Talon, supplied by HPS with the wheels.

18. Thanks mate. Will definitely be using one of them, jealous doesn't come into it lol

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information