1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying A Diavel

Discussion in 'Diavel & XDiavel' started by Eddie Cox, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Hi.
    I am planning on buying a used Diavel this weekend, looking to spend around £10000-£11000 and am looking at a 2012-2014 model. I'm sure this question has been ask before but is there a big difference between them, i know the 2014 has a twin spark engine but is it worth paying the extra. I didn't want to spend my money getting the wrong one. I have never spent this sort of money on a bike before and dont want to make a mistake.
    Thanks Eddie.

2. Check the battery area and connections - this was an immaculate looking bike that I did cables for: the battery gets all the crud - it's mounted in the cowl directly behind the front wheel, don't know why!

P1120966.JPG P1130041.JPG

3. Thanks will do.

4. i think there were cosmetic changes between the Gen 1 and the Gen 2 but not sure if that would cover the years that you are looking at, the twin spark motor did not produce more power and dealers told me it was for a smoother power delivery and better emissions. I don't recall any major changes between the years that you are considering, side stand, number plate arm, coolant, were all recalls, the Gen 2 had bypass holes in the thermostat

5. Hi. Yes i see there is a slight cosmetic changes between both models. I had heard that they went to twin spark which made it smoother but wanted to check this didn't take some pf the spark out of the earlier one. Thanks.

6. Hi, well I've done it. My new 2012 Carbon Red is being delivered tomorrow, she has done just under 5000 miles from new and only 1 owner. Just can't wait for the nice weather to arrive.

7. You wont regret it. The Diavel is an absolute beast of a bike. Its comfy, fast (read very), economical, handles and stops as good as most riders will ever need to, looks better than the dogs danglies IMHO, and sounds sublime if you have a set of Termis on.

All in all, I actually reckon its the best bike I've had, and I've had more than a few. My mate bought one on the back of me getting one, and we absolutely love going out on them. They certainly get looks and attract attention. Roll on the nice weather.

The lights aint so good on them though, in fact they are appalling on a bike that costs what they do, but I believe the mk2 has an improved candle, literally. HID kits are pretty cheap though if you do a lot of riding in the dark.

Just make sure its had the belts done if its a 2012, or get them done.

Oh, and the back tyre is wider than a Kardashians ass.

Enjoy

Stuart

Do Not Sell My Personal Information