1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cafe Racer Or Rebuild As Standard

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Paul600 SS, Nov 22, 2016.

1. Now that is to my liking :upyeah:

2. So have you done a write up on this stunning bit of work, i am keen to get that finish on my engine, did you do all the work yourself?

3. Anybody know where i can get this adjuster and nut from, i have a new chain, sprockets and titanium nuts, and don't want to spoil it by putting these back on??

600SS rear chain adjuster.JPG

4. Painted/polished the engine myself. VHT primer, and paint works very well.

100_0981.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  5. I bought some VHT paint today, (i will get some primer) i am waiting for a soda blasting bottle/gun, i have the compressor and grit... I also bought some polishing pads and brown and blue buffing wax today... so lots to do.
    Where abouts are you?

6. It's certainly not a 5 minute job.
    I live in Colchester.

7. Any advice gratefully received, I live in Clevedon nr Bristol.

8. I'll help if I can...What do you need to know?

9. Where do you get your spare parts from, and what fairing and seat did you use please?

10. Moto Rapido are very helpfull Parts
    Replaced clutch plates, and basket with Newfren items, also a Factory Racing slave cylinder from ebay.
    Mead Speed supply a similar 900ss fairng, and imola seat. Mead Speed - Classic Motor Cycle Accessories

11. Bear in mind that all the pics of Café racers shown have different tanks and most don't even have same frame as your 600SS.
    The one below has a standard frame and tank, note how 'high' the tank is at the rear with the lower seat unit. The rear of the frame may have been chopped also. I think it all works but you just have to be careful to get it right.
    I've got a track / daytime MOT project 900 that I'm looking to do the same style with but obviously without lights, indicators etc..

[​IMG]

This is one of my favourites but is one off carbon fibre bodywork !

[​IMG]

best of luck with your build and let us know how you get on!

12. Loving both of these John, I like the tank on the one above and particularly like both the single exhaust from under the seat and the style of the seat unit. I am going for silver plus a stripe (maybe orange,) not sure about the frame colour yet. I am in the stripping down and contemplating period...do you know what seat unit this is please?

13. Its a very clean bike, shame to cut it really, need to summon the courage now!

IMG_1066.JPG

IMG_1067.JPG

14. Oooh, that's beautiful! :)

15. image.jpeg I've the same issues.. Can't make my mind up with my 796 project in which way to go..
    I like this cafe R...

And I adore the rear of this TT, just not the front end..
    image.jpeg
    Decisions decisions.. Not my strongpoint...

• Like Like x 1
  16. Personally I would go standard, a few years ago cafe racers where almost considered like Street fighters, unless it is done really well then they can just look like you crashed the bike into a curb and didnt have the reddies to get back to OEM standard..

My 2pc

Og course in saying that it depends how much you really want to put in it and if you have staying power to see a project through, that is the one part that catches a lot of people out, they start and after a month get fed up and the bike rots for years

#37 triniriderz, Dec 29, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2016
  17. totally agree :)

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information