1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cagiva Elefant 750 1987

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by FAT MATT, Oct 20, 2012.

1. My LE has a spare screen painted white, and my spare bodywork is all in the blue!

2. Always said they were a bit of a dog!! :biggrin:

3. snap !, looking for some one to rebuild the rear shock but cant find a new spring ....any ideas ?.

4. they are both gorgeous Stan, I only have one that is anywhere close to that condition.

5. I'm always on the lookout for another even if its a bit tatty. My LE will be mint when its done and the engine was built from the cases upwards.

6. Thanks for the warm welcome fellas. Ride safe.:upyeah:

7. I know there is the yearly 'Treffen' thing on another Forum but it would be good to arrange one for all of us on here plus I could rustle up another 3 or more maybe.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Good call, i will miss this years Treffen as i will be in the Alps doing as many trails as i can fit in :biggrin:

9. That s where it belongs Stan.:)

10. Around the 17th May is good for me :upyeah:

11. I got my shock rebuilt last year as it was shot. No new spring, just powder coated. They seemed to do an ok job, but think others might do better. Would be good to have a UK meet up, just not 17th May for me though :-(

12. out of interest - what are your preferred paints of choice when it comes to frame/engine/bodywork Stan?

13. My frames and bits are powdercoated at Banbury powdercoatings and the paint work is done by Larry at Illusion racepaint. Both do a fantastic job .

Richard at Maxton will take care of the suspension. Jeff at Baines Racing has already finished the complete engine rebuild for me.

Some may think that i am spending a lot on the bike.....but......for 2.5k i get a "like new" bike, ready for another 15/20 years maybe ?. Good value i think when you compare it to the cost of new bikes today :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. assumed that you painted stuff yourself but I don't blame you - I am slowly moving towards your method over the years Stan :smile:

15. Chris,

It takes a bit longer because of the costs involved but i think its worth it. This bike may take 12 months to complete but i get a better finished bike at the end.

.....I am pants at painting anyway lol.

16. There is a uk meeting in Lincolnshire on the 26th/27th April. If you guys are interested pm me and i will contact Ian for you and get your names down.

Provisional date (based on usual date) is
    April 25th (Friday evening arrival) / 26th (Saturday Ride out / other) / 27th (Sunday Depart).
    It’s the week after Easter.

Paul asked me if I’d arrange something, and I’d be happy to do so.
    Initial thought is a pub in Lincolnshire with rooms (target ~£50/room B&B), food and camping availability.
    I’ll sort a road ride out round Lincs.
    I can probably also sort a big-traily lanes session if there’s interest.

I could do with an initial response re availability and desire to attend, so I can fix appropriate venue.
    Please can you let me know;

A - Can you do the date?
    B - Do you want to come along?
    C - Road or Off-road ride out?
    D - Anyone else you want to bring / invite / anyone I’ve missed?
    E - Room or Camping?

Take it easy,

Ian.

• Like Like x 2
  17. A- Can't do the date :-(
    B- yes
    C- both
    D- ?
    E- either...

Next time for me, I'm travelling that day.

18. Due to negotiations on a rather special Fant, my Blue 750 may be coming up for sale.

15k kms and in good nick. starts on the button and rebuilt replated forks. new Metz Karoo 3's.

£1500.

19. Looking to upgrade the front brake, it seems a bit weak. Has anyone already done this ?. I think it has 90mm centres.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information