1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cagiva Elefant 750 1987

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by FAT MATT, Oct 20, 2012.

1. I noticed there is a good aftermarket copy of the late type standard switchgear now available. a new unit from Portugal is around £25

2. These are of an ST, required a bit of messing but Geoff is all over that. He's upgraded the starting circuit too & probably saved a good 500g on superfluous wiring.

• Like Like x 1
  3. It looks very neat, can the ST fast idle lever work the choke?
    And on a separate matter, as I've put a deposit down on a Scrambler I'll be putting my Fant up for sale soon. I'll be very sad to see it go, it's the bike I broke my mileage record on, 940 miles back from Rimini after WDW last year. I'd rather it went to someone here, but if not it'll be o ebay soon :-(

• Like Like x 1
  4. thats a shame, I hope you have some radical plans for the scrambler? I was so excited about it but a bit underwhelmed.

That's the hope with the ST switch gear. The chokes lined up to the fast idle and it looks like it draws far enough.

5. That choke will be a great improvement to the std fully on/fully off arrangement Matt. I ended up modifying my 900 one as a screaming engine from cold wasn't good in the winter.

6. I'm hoping, it's got a brand new pair of Mikunis on it too so it's going to be a challenge firing it up for the first one.

7. Sorry, first time.

8. Lovely, you can't beat the luxury of a brand New pair of Carpi Raiders. Fitted a pair to my last 900 and it was a great relief to think that I wouldn't have to strip them for A few years

• Like Like x 1
  9. There is an E 900 for sale in Ireland on gumtree for only £500… You'll have to be quick though I reckon

10. Wow, bargain for someone. Id be tempted were it not for the same money to go pick it up before it's even begun to be recommissioned.

11. Now sold - had a punt myself taking delivery charge into account, but someone offered the full 500 nice bloke by all accounts. The low mileage 750 I chased last year ended way up in Scotland but I think that's been sold on now again already.

12. Let's hope it ends up on the road and not broken for spares. Unless you're after any?

13. My buddy had an Elegant 900 something does it still have the cigarette lighter? ?

14. I think so, it's still has the cup holder too.

15. Lovely,

I’m afraid I sold my blue 750. Still have the pantah 750 fant engine in a box along with most of it but am resigned to the fact it’ll need to go.

Have done a deal on a modern “elefant” and am picking up a 1200s Multi tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information